Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Future looks bright..........

Featured Replies

For 2010 and beyond. With KC Ross Miller reopening his recruitment, and with Euton likely to follow I think it is safe to say the future looks extemely bright for this years juniors.

 

We got the best coach possible when it comes to keeping Ferguson committed to being a cat IMO so unless hes that big of a Gillespie guy should still end up being a Cat. This is huge, and anyone who has kept up with Ferg knows, he really respects and values the tradition of Kentucky basketball. After Big blue Madness he was basically in awe and stated this is why I want to be a part of Kentucky, its Kentucky. So I'm not that worried about him leaving us hanging. Oh and did I mention he is an absolute freak.

 

 

Outside of Ferg it looks like there are endless possibilities on the table. With zero big name guys "commited" to Cal at Memphis none would have to worry about going through the trouble of changing their commitment, however a cuple of players had Memphis high on their list. Furthermore many of the top players also have Kentucky as a part of their list. So with Kentucky already being on the minds of many of these guys, and with the best possible recruiter IMO for Kentucky to land some of these guys I really like our chances at compiling maybe the best class in the nation next year. A few guys on the radar IMO.......

 

 

Josh Smith. Number one player in the junior class according to Rivals. Is a

6'10'' Center from Washington with great fundamentals. Has Kentucky listed, and with Cal being able to be Cal we could start seeing how Cal being at Kentucky is the ultimate match in regards to recruiting. We could start seeing this as early as next year.

 

 

The fourth ranked guy according to Rivals is Harrison Barnes, the best wing in the class. Also has Kentucky on the list and when its all said and done Kentucky could be one of the biggest players for his services.

 

Adriean Payne is also another 6'10'' center, ranked 10th according to Rivals. Again Kentucky on the list, and his list has been trimmed a little less than other uncommited prospects of this class. IMO I think it is highly possible for us to land either Smith or Payne, both being a solid replacement if Patterson (possibly Cousins) were to leave. Stevenson will also be gone due to graduation. So in othe words the days of UK not being able to land solid frot court players could be over.

 

Roscoe Smith, a 6'8'' wing has great size, with also great inside out skills. The 11th ranked player according to rivals again has Knetucky as well as Memphis on his list.

 

 

Joe Jackson, the 15th ranked prospect according to Rivals is an intriguing name. Is a Memphis kid, and Memphis is the only school with high interest on his list right now. Furthermore also has his list trimmed to about six schools with the bottom to with low interest. This athletically gifted scorer could opt to stay in his hometown and play, but if he was more about being one of John Calipari's next great guards, then we may get to see him in Kentucky blue instead.

 

 

 

 

 

Okay with all of that said these are just some guys outside of Ferg. who may be right there having Kentucky seriously on the radar. AND they are all top 15 players for next year. Even though I'm sure its highly unlikely all would want to come to Kentucky, its def. not a stretch to get some combination of one or two following Ferg to Big Blue nation, and anytime you get two-three top 15 guys in your class, surrounded by some other solid talent to go with it, then you hve a class that would be hard to match. Again a lot can happen in the lengthy process that is College basketball recruiting, but with some of these guys already pondering UK, and with the spark Calipari will bring to get the tradition once again started in the bluegrass, all I can say is the future looks to be and could be extremely bright. Better go grab your shades.

Just being able to have a legit chance of bringing top talent back to Kentucky is why we hired this guy. The future is very bright for Big Blue:cool:

Ferguson? From Elliott County?

I think it is funny how some people were talking about how "average" some of the BCG recruits were, prior to Coach Calipari, I and others were told how wrong we were and that it was a "great" couple of classes that BCG had coming in. Now, Tucker, Euton, Vilarino, Ross Miller, Zollo, etc. are being looked at for what they were, average at best...

Smith is almost a lock to stay out west. UCLA and Washington are way out in front there.

 

Barnes could be in play, but he has every other major in the country on him hard.

 

Don't get me started on Payne. He's enamored with AKRON right now.

 

Just sayin...

I think it is funny how some people were talking about how "average" some of the BCG recruits were, prior to Coach Calipari, were told how wrong we were and that it was a "great" couple of classes that BCG had coming in. Now, Tucker, Euton, Vilarino, Ross Miller, Zollo, etc. are being looked at for what they were, average at best...

 

You'll have to forgive UK fans. It's been so long since we could watch a McD's AA game with the hopes of catching a glimpse of a future player that we forgot what real blue chip prospects look like.

 

Calipari's arrival was like giving us access to another dimension that we had been blackballed from for about 10 years...:D

  • Author
Ferguson? From Elliott County?

 

No, Ferguson from Lawrence North IN in Indy. Lawrence North is working on a reputation of being NBA High, or if not that high profile "yt" most certainly D-1 high. Great program up there and he is their best player. Freakish PF who can also be looked at as more of a combo forward. Depending on the outcome of guys such as Wall and Cousins (then outside looking in'er Henry) Ferguson can be one of the best players to come to Kentucky in a while. Guy is a freak and could come in right away and do big things. So in otherwords take the ability of the Ferg. your talking about, then multiply it a hundred fold.

No, Ferguson from Lawrence North IN in Indy. Lawrence North is working on a reputation of being NBA High, or if not that high profile "yt" most certainly D-1 high. Great program up there and he is their best player. Freakish PF who can also be looked at as more of a combo forward. Depending on the outcome of guys such as Wall and Cousins (then outside looking in'er Henry) Ferguson can be one of the best players to come to Kentucky in a while. Guy is a freak and could come in right away and do big things. So in otherwords take the ability of the Ferg. your talking about, then multiply it a hundred fold.

 

:thumb:

 

I know who he is. I just threw that in there to see what kind of response I'd get and how long it would take. :D

Akron? Why?

 

Great question. He's a strange cat...

Great question. He's a strange cat...

 

Remember when Adonal Foyle went to Colgate? Stuff like this happens on a rare occasion it seems...

If I had to guess right now Payne will stay home and go to Dayton...

  • Author
Smith is almost a lock to stay out west. UCLA and Washington are way out in front there.

 

 

95% likely. However, no one really knows what will happen with Calipari and the impact he will really have on the recruting scene making the move to Kentucky. I agree that I firmly believe he will be playing ball on the west coast being he is a Washington kid (those being something you don't see at Kentucky), but depending on how long he keeps open his recruitment and depending on the outcome of Calipari's first full recruiting season at Kentucky you never know. A top recruiter at a historic program can sometimes translate into unlikely signings ala Roy Williams UNC, Coach K at Duke (Singler comes to mind), but the thing Coach K has is that stability that he is Duke and everyone knows what Duke is Duke and will be the Duke they know every year. How long Calipari takes to get that stability is YTD and it certaintily won't be in a year or two, however the initial intrigue is something that may woo some guys. Again I'm with you I doubt it happens, but the chance it happening is something to get excited about. You have to think GT, Kentucky fans haven't been that excited for some time now. :D

Now if you do want to get ahead of yourself check out the name Michael Gilchrist for 2011... :idunno:

  • Author
I know who he is. I just threw that in there to see what kind of response I'd get and how long it would take. :D

 

Thats what I was thinking, but since I didn't notice any obvious sarcasm I couldn't help but to give a good reason to really hype him up. Plus even though I did think you were messing around, theres no way I would ever let any UK fan not know who he is. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.