Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Assists Leader for 9th Region 2009-2010

Who will leader the 9th region in assists next season?(In order of finish in assists) 48 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will leader the 9th region in assists next season?(In order of finish in assists)

    • Grant Pangallo - NCC
      27%
      13
    • Blake Bryan - Villa Madonna
      6%
      3
    • Mike Gabbard - Boone County
      31%
      15
    • Ricardo Johnson - Holmes
      8%
      4
    • Cody Turner - Dayton
      6%
      3
    • Jake Hills - St. Henry
      2%
      1
    • Brandon Tucker - Newport
      0%
      0
    • Mitch McLeish - Ryle
      0%
      0
    • Aaron Stephens - Conner
      0%
      0
    • Matt Trammel - Dixie Heights
      2%
      1
    • Other (post)
      16%
      8

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I like Gabbard in the 9th. As far as Northern Ky I would call it a toss up between Gabbard & Kellen Smith from Scott. I think both will be asked to score more next year with the returning players on each team.

 

I agree. I was much more impressed with Smith though than Gabbard. Both will be good players next year though and likely see their scoring figures go up.

I believe that Gabbard will be the best PG. He had a great season this year, as did Pangallo. I'm not sure who NCC returns and Boone returns. But it's a toss up between those two.

  • Author
I believe that Gabbard will be the best PG. He had a great season this year, as did Pangallo. I'm not sure who NCC returns and Boone returns. But it's a toss up between those two.

 

Boone returns athlete Cotton, shooter Popp, and big guy Brown(not the #24 who graduates) among others. NCC returns big guy Jake Giesler, scrappy stud Shaun Meyer, role player Derek Schmidt, will-be-sophomores Evan Morse(hoss) and Brady Hightchew(undersized but incredibly skilled guard), and a slew of this year's JV players who should contribute including Kyle Moore, Brian Doyle, and Tyler Lampe among others. I think Giesler is a better big man than Brown, Cotton is more athletic than Meyer though Shaun is the better shooter, and I think Popp is the best pure shooter in NKY. Pretty equal in the role player category from what I know.

Boone returns athlete Cotton, shooter Popp, and big guy Brown(not the #24 who graduates) among others. NCC returns big guy Jake Giesler, scrappy stud Shaun Meyer, role player Derek Schmidt, will-be-sophomores Evan Morse(hoss) and Brady Hightchew(undersized but incredibly skilled guard), and a slew of this year's JV players who should contribute including Kyle Moore, Brian Doyle, and Tyler Lampe among others. I think Giesler is a better big man than Brown, Cotton is more athletic than Meyer though Shaun is the better shooter, and I think Popp is the best pure shooter in NKY. Pretty equal in the role player category from what I know.

 

You forgot Boone also returns Earls....I'd have him ahead of the Brown kid that you mentioned.

 

I also disagree that Popp is the best pure shooter in nky. That will belong to Meyer or Pangallo next year IMO.

  • Author
You forgot Boone also returns Earls....I'd have him ahead of the Brown kid that you mentioned.

 

I also disagree that Popp is the best pure shooter in nky. That will belong to Meyer or Pangallo next year IMO.

 

How'd I forgot about Andy? You can't miss him when he's on the court. You're right though, he's before Brown and better than Giesler now. I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on the best pure shooter. Popp's got a serious stroke. Pangallo and Meyer are too inconsistent IMO.

How'd I forgot about Andy? You can't miss him when he's on the court. You're right though, he's before Brown and better than Giesler now. I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on the best pure shooter. Popp's got a serious stroke. Pangallo and Meyer are too inconsistent IMO.

 

Why didn't Popp play more down the stretch then if he's got such a great shot? IMO that's what Boone was lacking in the region tournament was a legit 3 pt threat.

Why didn't Popp play more down the stretch then if he's got such a great shot? IMO that's what Boone was lacking in the region tournament was a legit 3 pt threat.
That threat moved south to Scott Co. last season.
  • Author
Why didn't Popp play more down the stretch then if he's got such a great shot? IMO that's what Boone was lacking in the region tournament was a legit 3 pt threat.

 

Young player, shots weren't falling against Holmes. Holmes was statistically the best defense in the state right? I think Popp did well outside that game, a game which had almost no offense. Popp is a kid that is still developing his all around game - including the part that will make it more possible for him to create his own shot. Connor at NewCath went through the same process. To my understanding, the term pure shooter means the kid's shot. He has that over Pangallo and Meyer IMO. Now, overall offensive threat is different discussion. Can't sway me off the pure shooter argument though. We're starting to get off topic though. My opinion Pangallo is best offensive threat out of anyone on Boone or NCC's teams. Gabbard will be assists leader though.

Young player, shots weren't falling against Holmes. Holmes was statistically the best defense in the state right? I think Popp did well outside that game, a game which had almost no offense. Popp is a kid that is still developing his all around game - including the part that will make it more possible for him to create his own shot. Connor at NewCath went through the same process. To my understanding, the term pure shooter means the kid's shot. He has that over Pangallo and Meyer IMO. Now, overall offensive threat is different discussion. Can't sway me off the pure shooter argument though. We're starting to get off topic though. My opinion Pangallo is best offensive threat out of anyone on Boone or NCC's teams. Gabbard will be assists leader though.

 

I could be wrong, but he didn't do much versus Beechwood in Regionals. The two people that killed Beechwood was Gabbard in the 1st half and McFarland in the 2nd half.

I said other because I believe Mayfield from Holmes will get alot of PT at the PG position. He is a pass first type player and will be passing to guys such as the Johnson brothers, Pittman and Arnold, all of which can put the ball in the hole.

 

Agree with you here. I dunno if he will lead N.KY in assists but he definately needs to be put in the conversation here.

 

Oh and Arnold is now Kevon Rice.

Gabbard will lead the ninth in assists.

Agree that Pangallo is a good guard, but his outside shot is not as consistent as others. When he has the green light/gets significant minutes, Popp can shoot from outside and his strength is slashing to the basket. He has scored double figures a bunch of times the last couple of years.

 

In the ninth, Gabbard is the best assist maker, followed by Pangallo.

 

For best guards in the 9th next year, I think you have to look at:

 

R Johnson

Gabbard

McLeish

Popp

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.