March 24, 200917 yr They lost to UCLA in the Wooden Classic out in Anaheim while Tubby was coaching. I'd consider this a true road loss.
March 24, 200917 yr They lost to UCLA in the Wooden Classic out in Anaheim while Tubby was coaching. I'd consider this a true road loss. No, actually they beat UCLA in Anaheim 52-50, so maybe we can consider this a true road win.
March 24, 200917 yr No, actually they beat UCLA in Anaheim 52-50, so maybe we can consider this a true road win. Sorry about that, I really thought we lost that game. My "old timers" is flairing up again.:laugh:
March 24, 200917 yr Sorry about that, I really thought we lost that game. My "old timers" is flairing up again.:laugh: They lost a neutral site game in Madison Square Gardens to UCLA Tubby's second year. Maybe you might have mixed the two up.
March 24, 200917 yr No, actually they beat UCLA in Anaheim 52-50, so maybe we can consider this a true road win. They did lose to UCLA, 82-81, in Anaheim during the 1994-95 season.
March 24, 200917 yr They did lose to UCLA, 82-81, in Anaheim during the 1994-95 season. Yes, but the quote I was correcting, he said under Tubby they lost to UCLA in Anaheim.
March 24, 200917 yr Yes, but the quote I was correcting, he said under Tubby they lost to UCLA in Anaheim. Understood. Just helping out the "old-timer" who said he thought UK had lost to UCLA in Anaheim before!:thumb:
March 24, 200917 yr The year was 1985. This was the last time Kentucky won a true road game west of the Mississippi River. They beat Hawaii 98-65. The last time Kentucky won a game west of the Mississippi in the continental U.S. was at Kansas in 1984 (72-50) Was the Final Four in Texas in 96?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.