2009 Pre-Season Poll - March 5, 2009

Homerun

Talk about no respect. Greenup County was a Final 8 team last year and lost 2 players and has a pre-season All-American catcher and atleast 3 or 4 D1 prospects and they are 15th? I can't imagine them outside the top 8. They have been an elite 8 team two years in a row and are a favorite in the 16th Region again this year. Go figure..........

Talk about no respect. Greenup County was a Final 8 team last year and lost 2 players and has a pre-season All-American catcher and atleast 3 or 4 D1 prospects and they are 15th? I can't imagine them outside the top 8. They have been an elite 8 team two years in a row and are a favorite in the 16th Region again this year. Go figure..........

Stuff happens. I'm sure this will all pan out in about 2 months. We'll see team's true colors.

who are the D1 prospect's

This may sound like sandbagging, but X at #4 is based purely on what they accomplished last year and not on what they have returning. Just in Metro Louisville I would rank Bullit East, PRP, Eastern, Manual and Trinity ahead of them. X lost 6 position starters and the top three pitchers off last year's squad. I'll be happy if they make it out of district.

NO YOU ARE NOT SANDBAGGING AND I think you assessment is correct. I agree that X is overrated in this poll and making it out of the district will not be easy. X has only two returning starters and based on early returns this team will be very young with only 4 senior starters.

I wish one of the States news papers would start up a baseball poll like they do for football and basketball. The coaches poll is becoming a joke.

It would be very nice to see the state's sportswriters take an interest in baseball. However, baseball just does not attract the attention of the media until post season. Until then, all we have is the input from the coaches which is biased, to an extent, to their area of play.

You know it! When do we ever in any sport?

Well, I am not from the northern Kentucky area, but I think you guys get more respect than you think. Certainly everyone knows football is VERY big in your area. Basketball as well. It's just that the Lexington Herald Leader and Louisville Courier Journal give more attention to the schools in their respective areas. I do not think it is a lack of respect. Your schools stack up well or better against anyone in the state.

I would love to see a pre-season state wide media guide for baseball. It would be very good exposure for the kids.