Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Warren Central Coaching Vacancy

Featured Replies

What does the security guard thing have to do with anything?

 

It's very simple: without a teaching position the school district does not compensate a coach enough to make it worthwhile.

Then make a position! IF you found the guy you want, who can lead this team to the promised land, then create a position. The gate alone will probably pay his "teaching" salary. If WC is serious they will hire a coach and then find something for him to do.

What does the security guard thing have to do with anything?

 

It's very simple: without a teaching position the school district does not compensate a coach enough to make it worthwhile.

 

You can be a hard working janitor and still be a head coach. Believe me when I tell you, the coaches I know personally certainly don't do it for the money, public or private!

You can be a hard working janitor and still be a head coach. Believe me when I tell you, the coaches I know personally certainly don't do it for the money, public or private!

Well, we all know that any position within the school can be head coach. We also know that you don't even have to have a position within the school to be head coach. And lastly, the coaches you know are either completely financially secure, or they don't do it solely for the money. I don't think our coaches do it solely for the money, but at the same time, if they can't be adequately compensated, they'd probably have to move on because everyone has to support themselves and family.

You mean I won't get rich from coaching HS football? Good thing I have this high paying teaching job.

You mean I won't get rich from coaching HS football? Good thing I have this high paying teaching job.

 

:laugh::lol:

Alright, I'm done. Either you don't understand, don't care, or just enjoy having a good laugh. I'll return to this when there's real news.

Well, we all know that any position within the school can be head coach. We also know that you don't even have to have a position within the school to be head coach. And lastly, the coaches you know are either completely financially secure, or they don't do it solely for the money. I don't think our coaches do it solely for the money, but at the same time, if they can't be adequately compensated, they'd probably have to move on because everyone has to support themselves and family.

 

If the school district is so strapped for money then what is Warren County doing building another high school?

 

I understand the wheels turn more slowly in the public school world due to the red tape, but it's March. Spring Break will be here and before you know it, it's mid-April. I would think this warrants a little extra effort by the powers that be for the kids sake.

  • Author

I think everyone involved would appreciate it if they would make a decision because this will creat a ripple effect if the person that is chosen for this job is already a head coach at another school.

Who is in the running?

The decision is expected to be announced on Monday.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.