NKMSBL 7th Grade Final Four

stinkyboy II

Two Rivers pulled away in the 2nd half and defeated Twenhofel handily. They used a very effective full court press and hit several three's in the 3rd qtr to open up a big lead. Two Rivers led by 6 at half and won in the end by 20+.

In the nightcap, Turkeyfoot defeated HMS 41-40. It was a close game for the entire 24 minutes. Neither team could get more than a 5 point lead. With 24 seconds remaining, HMS inbounded, got the ball inside and Brandon Hergott gave the Birds a 1 point lead. Turkeyfoot called timeout with 9 seconds left to set up the last play. The Indians guard #32 (Radcliffe maybe) took the ball, drove the length of the court and banked in a 6 ft jumper over the outstretched hands of the HMS big man. The last bucket was scored with 1 second remaining.

Turkeyfoot faces Two Rivers Saturday at Holmes for the title.

Two Rivers pulled away in the 2nd half and defeated Twenhofel handily. They used a very effective full court press and hit several three's in the 3rd qtr to open up a big lead. Two Rivers led by 6 at half and won in the end by 20+.

In the nightcap, Turkeyfoot defeated HMS 41-40. It was a close game for the entire 24 minutes. Neither team could get more than a 5 point lead. With 24 seconds remaining, HMS inbounded, got the ball inside and Brandon Hergott gave the Birds a 1 point lead. Turkeyfoot called timeout with 9 seconds left to set up the last play. The Indians guard #32 (Radcliffe maybe) took the ball, drove the length of the court and banked in a 6 ft jumper over the outstretched hands of the HMS big man. The last bucket was scored with 1 second remaining.

Wow, the Birds sound like they had this game in hand but left too much time on the clock. Both the 7th and 8th grade Birds suffer buzzer beating shots to send them home.

I still like what I see out of both classes and this 7th grade group is very solid with tons of potential. Great season and congrats to Coach Butler and the boys. Looking forward to a bright future.

How did coach Butler handle the loss in a close game? Was he well behaved?

Coach Butler, the parents and the boys were disappointed in the outcome. It was an emotional roller coaster for all involved. Down 1 with 30 seconds to go, up 1 with 9 seconds left, down 1 at the buzzer.

At this level of basketball, as a parent, you can only hope your child has an enjoyable experience and continues to improve. My son had fun and improved a lot - many thanks to Coach Butler and Coach Buten.

Can someone tell me if Highlands had fouls to give? I was at the game, and someone told me they had a couple to give. If so, the player from Turkeyfoot should have NEVER been allowed to go coast to coast for the layup without being fouled at midcourt. This also came after a timeout. If Turkeyfoot was in the bonus, please disregard this comment.

Coach Butler, the parents and the boys were disappointed in the outcome. It was an emotional roller coaster for all involved. Down 1 with 30 seconds to go, up 1 with 9 seconds left, down 1 at the buzzer.

At this level of basketball, as a parent, you can only hope your child has an enjoyable experience and continues to improve. My son had fun and improved a lot - many thanks to Coach Butler and Coach Buten.

I'm glad your child had fun, at this level it is very important. I've seen Buten coach and referee. IMO he should be coaching this team. A little bit more level headed and a lot less likely to ruffle the feathers of refs or the kids. I look forward to seeing the birds 8th graders next year. :ylsuper:

Can someone tell me if Highlands had fouls to give? I was at the game, and someone told me they had a couple to give. If so, the player from Turkeyfoot should have NEVER been allowed to go coast to coast for the layup without being fouled at midcourt. This also came after a timeout. If Turkeyfoot was in the bonus, please disregard this comment.

Since they did not have a PA guy and the scoreboard does not indicate total fouls or even have a bonus light, you would have to have been keeping track in the stands to be sure.

I did see Coach Buten go to the scorer's table at the last timeout to ask a question. It looked as if the official scorer gave him the signal for 1 and 1. From across the court I interpeted that to mean that Tom asked about team fouls and was told that Turkeyfoot was indeed in the bonus.

I'm glad your child had fun, at this level it is very important. I've seen Buten coach and referee. IMO he should be coaching this team. A little bit more level headed and a lot less likely to ruffle the feathers of refs or the kids. I look forward to seeing the birds 8th graders next year. :ylsuper:

It will be like night and day when the Highlands 7th graders move up next year and that is not a bad thing but totally different styles of coaching. I hope they continue to play hard.

What a statement to make ,You must have been on the other side of coach Butlers and his teams wins though the years IMO :dancingpa