NKMSBL 7th Grade Final Four

stinkyboy II

I'm glad your child had fun, at this level it is very important. I've seen Buten coach and referee. IMO he should be coaching this team. A little bit more level headed and a lot less likely to ruffle the feathers of refs or the kids. I look forward to seeing the birds 8th graders next year. :ylsuper:

Heard Coach Butler retired after Highlands's final game this year. I know of a certain former coach/teacher at HMS that would be a great fit to step in.

Anything on the 7th grade finals?

Anyone have the results of Saturday's final? Two Rivers / Turkeyfoot

I had heard that Two Rivers won the championship over Turkeyfoot on Saturday at Holmes HS. Anyone have a score or comments about the game?

BTW, the 7th grade championship in Boone County was won by Conner (second consecutive championship for these kids).

I had heard that Two Rivers won the championship over Turkeyfoot on Saturday at Holmes HS. Anyone have a score or comments about the game?

BTW, the 7th grade championship in Boone County was won by Conner (second consecutive championship for these kids).

I would really like to see a N. KY 6th, 7th and 8th middle school tourney. Maybe reach out to Boone, Kenton, Campbell, Gallatin, Grant, Mason, Harrison and Pendelton middle schools. From what I've read my predictions this year would be Ockerman to win the 6th, Walton to win the 7th and a fight to win the 8th between Camp Ernest, Twenhofel, Summit View & Holmes.

I would really like to see a N. KY 6th, 7th and 8th middle school tourney. Maybe reach out to Boone, Kenton, Campbell, Gallatin, Grant, Mason, Harrison and Pendelton middle schools. From what I've read my predictions this year would be Ockerman to win the 6th, Walton to win the 7th and a fight to win the 8th between Camp Ernest, Twenhofel, Summit View & Holmes.

I agree with you RUSH, it would make for some great middle school basketball, however you are taking out the "look ahead" and "pressure" factor of tournament play. Not sure anyone predicted Conner would win the 7th this year, but it looked like Gray was caught looking ahead to the Conner game when they got stung in OT by Grant Co. I would love to see Conner vs. Walton on a neutral court, I truly think it would be a really good game. I know Walton got Conner by 1 on their home court, but that game could have easily gone the other way. That's why I hate the BCS, and love the brackets of March Madness. One is speculation, and one is played out. I always love the upsets during March Madness. Less than two weeks away from Selection Sunday!! Can't wait.

Rush, don't forget about some of the Private schools in the area too. Often they will have a nice team or two in the area.

There was a Middle School State tournament a few weeks ago at the KBA. It brought in some of the best teams from the state.

We just need someone to step up and cordinate a Northern Kentucky middle school tourney.