Who will win the 14th Region?

Q man

Hazard has best individual talent

Knott has best "team"

Perry has best coach

Any of these three teams can win the region. If Hazard beats Buckhorn to advance to region then I think whichever team (Hazard or Perry) that draws oppsite Knott in the bracket will have an advantage.

I will say the loser between Hazard and Perry Central in the District Final will win the Regional.

The loser of the District will have a better chance of facing Knott Co. than the winner. But, you never know with a draw. Plus, Hazard has to get past Buckhorn first and they are playing pretty well right now.

Either way, win or lose, Hazard and Perry will be in opposite brackets and can only face each other in the regional finals. So depending on which half of the bracket Knott gets put in, will determine who has the advantage. One of them would have to play Knott one night and then come back the next night and play the finals. So barring any upsets, whoever is opposite of Knott has the advantage and has a great shot at winning the region. With all the travel and playing late on the night before the finals, it will take a lot of toll out on these teams.

I agree with Master of the Hardwood.

It's all about the region draw. If Knott Central draws into the bracket with Perry, then Hazard has the advantage. If Knott draws into Hazard's bracket, then Perry has an edge. Either way, Knott will have to win two straight tough games to win the championship.

But....there's several teams that will not go down easily if they make it to the region. I don't think they've got enough firepower to win 3 consecutive games, but they could upset some contenders. Buckhorn could do it right off the bat in the 54th district if Hazard has an off night. Buckhorn is one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the region. Letcher Central is also dangerous in the 53rd. They have lost to all the major contenders during the season, but only by small margins. Estill County and Lee County could also post upsets if one of the major players let their guards down.

Now, LET'S PLAY BALL!!!:dancingpa

It looks like the 14th region is a three team race with Knott Central, Perry Central and Hazard. It will be played at Powell County which is a long drive for any of these teams.

Agreed.

Just like it's a long drive for Powell, Estill, Wolfe, Lee, and Owsley when it's in Whitesburg or Hindman.

I'm glad the 56th district can host the region at least every 6 years. It makes us feel like we're part of the region. :thumb:

Agreed.

Just like it's a long drive for Powell, Estill, Wolfe, Lee, and Owsley when it's in Whitesburg or Hindman.

I'm glad the 56th district can host the region at least every 6 years. It makes us feel like we're part of the region. :thumb:

Agreed, for a long time the old 53rd and 56th did not host. This was an unfair advantage to both in traveling for players and fans.

Rank of my favs.JMO

PCC

KCC

Hazard

LCC

Agreed, for a long time the old 53rd and 56th did not host. This was an unfair advantage to both in traveling for players and fans.

Rank of my favs.JMO

PCC

KCC

Hazard

LCC

Are all the fans in the region located in Hazard or south of there? :lol:

A poll of the 55th and 56th district fans favorites would be:

Perry Central

Knott Central

Breathitt County

Powell County

These are the 4 biggest gyms in the region, and every district in the region would be represented in a 4 year cycle. That's about as fair and reasonable as it can get.

Professor, I said that I agreed with you. Those favs are for the thread,"who wins the 14th?"

Your early suggestion of rotation would be fine except that the 53rd would not vote that way. Lcc and Jenkins host once in a 5 year rotation for district and would not like the idea of it with KCC solely be the host of the region every four years.

Professor, I said that I agreed with you. Those favs are for the thread,"who wins the 14th?"

Your early suggestion of rotation would be fine except that the 53rd would not vote that way. Lcc and Jenkins host once in a 5 year rotation for district and would not like the idea of it with KCC solely be the host of the region every four years.

I know you agreed with me, but when you listed the fan favs venues, I don't think you considered how fans in the northern sections of the region would vote. They would include Powell County and Breathitt County, I'm almost certain, and exclude Hazard and Letcher Central.

The problem I have with Letcher Central's gym is its size. I don't like a gym where you have to empty the gym after a game and charge another admission for the next game. If that has to be done then the gym is too small. They seat about what Hazard's gym seats (around 2500), which is too small as well.

Now, with all that said, I'm going back on the thread topic:D and pick Hazard to win the region.