Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Sheldon Clark

Featured Replies

What does Sheldon Clark need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Author

ttt

Consistent line play, and a couple of solid running backs to step in and fill a gap. Our defense should be pretty solid, with the secondary being the strongest point. The strength of schedule has improved drastically which should help to prepare for a run in the playoffs.

I'm over in Inez alot for work, and the field looks great!

Agreed. The facilities look outstanding compared to years past.

I've got many complaints about superintendent Blackburn, but one thing I can't complain about is the new turf our boys got.

 

Looks good.

From what I hear there isn't a lineman that benches under 250 lbs.. and 1 thats benching 400?

Channing Smith I hear.

 

Haven't seen this myself but was curious if anyone could confirm this.

Consistent line play, and a couple of solid running backs to step in and fill a gap. Our defense should be pretty solid, with the secondary being the strongest point. The strength of schedule has improved drastically which should help to prepare for a run in the playoffs.

 

 

I don't think there's been any consistent line play since the 05-06 season.

:thumb:

Can someone post some pics of Sheldon Clark's newly renovated football field. There use to be some but I am unable to find them. Thanks.....T-Birds

Can someone post some pics of Sheldon Clark's newly renovated football field. There use to be some but I am unable to find them. Thanks.....T-Birds

 

I'll do some detective work and see what I can find:thumb:

I'll do some detective work and see what I can find:thumb:

Did your detective work pay off, I would like to see the new facilities as well.

If I am not mistaken, Coach Hager really challenged his line after last season to get in the weight room and get bigger and stronger. Sounds as though they took his challenge to heart. That is good to see.

Hager was an exceptional athlete and very smart during his days, I would expect that to translate over to his program.

What is SC outlook for this season? How many games will they win this season?

Sheldon Clark will be tough.

 

They have a rough schedule in front of them, but if they make it through without any major injuries they will be right in the thick of things come playoff time.

 

 

Aug 21, 09 Open

Aug 28, 09 Breathitt County home 7:30 PM

Sep 4, 09 Lawrence County away 7:30 PM

Sep 11, 09 Johnson Central away 7:30 PM

Sep 18, 09 Fairland, OH home 7:30 PM

Sep 25, 09 Prestonsburg home 7:30 PM

Oct 2, 09 Tug Valley, WV away 7:30 PM

Oct 9, 09 East Ridge home 7:30 PM

Oct 16, 09 Belfry away 7:30 PM

Oct 23, 09 Pike County Central home 7:30 PM

Oct 30, 09 Pikeville away 7:30 PM

 

I can't imagine that many mountain teams play a schedule much better than that.

Sheldon Clark will be tough.

 

They have a rough schedule in front of them, but if they make it through without any major injuries they will be right in the thick of things come playoff time.

 

 

Aug 21, 09 Open

Aug 28, 09 Breathitt County home 7:30 PM

Sep 4, 09 Lawrence County away 7:30 PM

Sep 11, 09 Johnson Central away 7:30 PM

Sep 18, 09 Fairland, OH home 7:30 PM

Sep 25, 09 Prestonsburg home 7:30 PM

Oct 2, 09 Tug Valley, WV away 7:30 PM

Oct 9, 09 East Ridge home 7:30 PM

Oct 16, 09 Belfry away 7:30 PM

Oct 23, 09 Pike County Central home 7:30 PM

Oct 30, 09 Pikeville away 7:30 PM

 

I can't imagine that many mountain teams play a schedule much better than that.

 

That is a tough schedule but I can't imagine anyone in the mountains that has a tougher schedule than Bell County this season. They may have one of the toughest in the state.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.