Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington

Featured Replies

FKY must be rolling in the dough, recommending Malone's! :lol:

 

Malone's is great but it is over at Tates Creek or on Broadway. If you want to stay close to downtown/Rupp, consider DeSha's. And make sure that you hit Ramsey's for breakfast one day.

 

Embassy Suites is like 4 miles from downtown but not really near anything (except the interstate). Just call me for directions, I live like 30 seconds from downtown. :lol:

I know the manager and most of the employees. :D

 

I miss Harry's and Sal's more than anything in Lexington.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My friends in Lex say The Penguin is a lot of fun.

 

Actually the suggestion was from my son. He is a Senior at UK and the crew he runs with like it. Especially if the gals are going. If not, I think they go to Saddleridge? I think that is it.

The Penguin, across from Rupp is a pretty cool bar. It's a dueling piano bar, which I always love.

 

For dinner, I'd recommend Rincon (if you like Mexican). It's relatively inexpensive and the food is great. Margarita's are very good, too. It is a cool atmosphere (sometimes they have an older Mexican fella playing the banjo & singing). It's off of Euclid.

 

I wouldn't recommend Malone's or Sal's. They're both good, but they're way too expensive. I'm not sure what you guys are looking for, but there are far better deals out there. I went to Malone's a few years back and it was $28 for a steak. Malone's is a nationally recognized steakhouse, though.

 

And I feel obligated to recommend Two Keys. It may be a little too wild for you, but it's a blast.

  • Author

We love a good time so we are game for anything. A Simple meal will work for us, especially if we have too much to drink. I would hate to waste all that money on food that may not stay down. ;) Wild crowds aren't a bad thing. Depends how the army meetings go, we may need a hard core place.

We love a good time so we are game for anything. A Simple meal will work for us, especially if we have too much to drink. I would hate to waste all that money on food that may not stay down. ;) Wild crowds aren't a bad thing. Depends how the army meetings go, we may need a hard core place.

 

Two Keys would be a great time on Saturday night, especially if you're with a bunch of Army guys.

 

I'd recommend Rincon, if you're looking for a simple meal. Mexican & Margaritas are a great way to start a night. If you'd like pizza, I'd recommend Pazzo's. They have good pizza (and that type of thing) and something like 37 beers on tap. They've remodeled the place within the past year or so, too, and now they have a cool bar and a lot of flat screen TV's.

 

And the best part about Lexington is all of the late night food available. :D

 

Tolly Ho is open 24 hours. Mad Mushroom Pizza delivers late (if you order this, get the cheesy bread...). Mellow Mushroom is also a cool pizza place, if you're looking for that. I'd recommend Pazzo's though, if you're looking for pizza.

Two Keys would be a great time on Saturday night, especially if you're with a bunch of Army guys.

Yes, but it will be packed with college kids.

And the best part about Lexington is all of the late night food available. :D

 

Tolly Ho is open 24 hours. Mad Mushroom Pizza delivers late (if you order this, get the cheesy bread...). Mellow Mushroom is also a cool pizza place, if you're looking for that. I'd recommend Pazzo's though, if you're looking for pizza.

I hear Goodfella's pizza is better than all of them, but I haven't been there.

Yes, but it will be packed with college kids.

 

I hear Goodfella's pizza is better than all of them, but I haven't been there.

 

Goodfella's gets a lot of hype. It's not bad, but sometimes the wait (after the bar's close) is ridiculous. It is good pizza, though.

I second Pazzo's for food numerous pitchers.

Yes, but it will be packed with college kids.

 

I hear Goodfella's pizza is better than all of them, but I haven't been there.

 

I have had Goodfella's a couple times. It's really good.

 

As CC said, get ya some "Madmush" if you get hungry real late. Good stuff!

I second Pazzo's for food numerous pitchers.

 

:thumb: Very nice selection of quality draft beer. Excellent sandwiches.

The Penguin, across from Rupp is a pretty cool bar. It's a dueling piano bar, which I always love.

 

For dinner, I'd recommend Rincon (if you like Mexican). It's relatively inexpensive and the food is great. Margarita's are very good, too. It is a cool atmosphere (sometimes they have an older Mexican fella playing the banjo & singing). It's off of Euclid.

 

I wouldn't recommend Malone's or Sal's. They're both good, but they're way too expensive. I'm not sure what you guys are looking for, but there are far better deals out there. I went to Malone's a few years back and it was $28 for a steak. Malone's is a nationally recognized steakhouse, though.

 

And I feel obligated to recommend Two Keys. It may be a little too wild for you, but it's a blast.

In my mind Malone's and Sal's are well worth the price. Twenty eight for a steak is fairly cheap in context. But I definitely second Rincon's...I have spent more afternoon's than I wanna count there.;
Two Keys would be a great time on Saturday night, especially if you're with a bunch of Army guys.

 

I'd recommend Rincon, if you're looking for a simple meal. Mexican & Margaritas are a great way to start a night. If you'd like pizza, I'd recommend Pazzo's. They have good pizza (and that type of thing) and something like 37 beers on tap. They've remodeled the place within the past year or so, too, and now they have a cool bar and a lot of flat screen TV's.

 

And the best part about Lexington is all of the late night food available. :D

 

Tolly Ho is open 24 hours. Mad Mushroom Pizza delivers late (if you order this, get the cheesy bread...). Mellow Mushroom is also a cool pizza place, if you're looking for that. I'd recommend Pazzo's though, if you're looking for pizza.

Two Keys is a HUGE college crowd and pretty notorious for underage kids as well. Tolly Ho's is a must. Just make sure you know what a "ho" is going into it. Pazzo's is also very good. I constantly crave a Hawaiian Pizza and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale from there.

You are getting a lot of good advice from fellow BGPrepsters!

 

One thing to keep in mind, many people have recommended Malone's or Sal's. Both of these places can be a bit expensive, but Harry's is a nice bar/grill and has great much less expensive food. Harry's is attached to Malone's and run by the same people. Their White Castle like burgers are yummy!

 

Also, for convenience to your hotel, there is a Malone's in Hamburg Place which is a development about seven miles from your hotel. The drive is very easy because both your hotel and Malone's Hamburg are right off I-75. Easy cab ride if your group is having a few adult beverages.

 

I do agree with some of the others recommending some places near the UK campus and downtown. You will find a younger more energetic crowd as well as a later arriving crowd at the bars near campus and downtown.

As CC said, get ya some "Madmush" if you get hungry real late. Good stuff!

Yes, but if you haven't had a few alcoholic beverages, MadMush is disgusting. But if you had some, it's as good as anything :lol:

 

Two Keys is a HUGE college crowd and pretty notorious for underage kids as well. Tolly Ho's is a must. Just make sure you know what a "ho" is going into it. Pazzo's is also very good. I constantly crave a Hawaiian Pizza and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale from there.

Agreed on everything, but Two Keys has cracked down the past few years on underage....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.