February 10, 200917 yr For those who are without sin....throw the first stone. He has been clean for several years. He was told he was clean back 2003. He had an injury. He was young. He was wrong. Lets hope that all players see this and learn. There were/are a lot of players who did not commit the "sin" of using steroids. They respected the game and their bodies too much to do so. A-Rod is now clean probably only because he knew a new testing program was being put in place in 2004 and he could no longer continue to use PED's without being caught (which, of course, he was anyway). What makes you think he would have stopped on his own? How was he told he was clean in 2003? That is the year he took the surprise random test that came back positive. What injury are you talking about? He was a 26 year old multi-millionaire superstar when he knowingly decided to illegally take a banned drug for 3 years. He was hardly young and naive. Yes, he was wrong. But let's call it for what it was. He cheated - and was very comfortable cheating - to help improve his performance and meet his goal of becoming one of the greatest players of all time. Steroids certainly seemed to have helped that cause - look at his stats for those years. He is sorry only now that the world knows what he did.
February 10, 200917 yr There were/are a lot of players who did not commit the "sin" of using steroids. They respected the game and their bodies too much to do so. A-Rod is now clean probably only because he knew a new testing program was being put in place in 2004 and he could no longer continue to use PED's without being caught (which, of course, he was anyway). What makes you think he would have stopped on his own? How was he told he was clean in 2003? That is the year he took the surprise random test that came back positive. What injury are you talking about? He was a 26 year old multi-millionaire superstar when he knowingly decided to illegally take a banned drug for 3 years. He was hardly young and naive. Yes, he was wrong. But let's call it for what it was. He cheated - and was very comfortable cheating - to help improve his performance and meet his goal of becoming one of the greatest players of all time. Steroids certainly seemed to have helped that cause - look at his stats for those years. He is sorry only now that the world knows what he did. I agree with what Tim Kurkjian said on SportsCenter when the story initally broke: "It would be naive of us to believe everything he said. I don't know what I believe." I think most of us are in the same boat, some non-yanks will still think he is on them, his agent and the Yankees front office will say he's been clean; Selena Roberts is saying he was using them in High School, so who knows what's true. I don't think we'll ever get the full truth from any of these athletes, heck, even Jose Canseco who admits it gets his stories twisted regularly.
February 18, 200917 yr I am over this entire steroids thing. I wish everyone would just come forward and end it all. I would forgive them. I can't say that I wouldn't have done it if I were in their position. They all made mistakes and I'm sure everyone that did it regrets it some way. I felt bad for ARod watching his press conference. I'm just ready for it all to be over. I'm sick of hearing about steroids.
February 18, 200917 yr I am over this entire steroids thing. I wish everyone would just come forward and end it all. I would forgive them. I can't say that I wouldn't have done it if I were in their position. They all made mistakes and I'm sure everyone that did it regrets it some way. I felt bad for ARod watching his press conference. I'm just ready for it all to be over. I'm sick of hearing about steroids. I couldn't agree more. Honestly I don't really care that much anyway.
February 18, 200917 yr For those who are without sin....throw the first stone. He has been clean for several years. He was told he was clean back 2003. He had an injury. He was young. He was wrong. Lets hope that all players see this and learn. :thumb::thumb:Very well said AL. I was especially impressed the hear him say that he was going to be with a program/organization to talk to kids about the dangers of steroid use. Should his statements in the presser yesterday (2/17) turn out to be just "lip service" and he test positive again after yesterday then I will blast him. As I said, A-Rod was man enough to come out with what he did, admit it was wrong and apologize. People can and are playing Dr. Phil and trying to analyze what he said and find if it was inconsistent or not. They will no doubt continue to do so. I admire the man for coming out like he did with it. A-Rod admitted that he did it, that it was wrong and that he had lied in an earlier interview (Couric) and he apologized for it. A-Rod also did not try and put the blame on anyone else but himself, did not go the route like Bonds, Clemens, Palmero, McGuire and others that flat out pulled a "Bill Clinton" at the hearings, thery lied about it and still are. MLB in a way is a smuch to blame as any in that they imo ignored the problems and swept them under the rug for years, now all of a sudden Selig is playing "Holier than thou" claiming "disgrace to the game", imo Bud Selig is a complete failure and a disgrace himself, maybe he should come out and admit that but that is another thread. I would still like to know why only A-Rod's name came out from 104 players, the list was supposed to be confidential. Are they going to bring out the 103 remaining players that tested positive? Probably only names of ones that are top players. A-Rod imo was singled out bc of him being the biggest name on the list. Edited February 18, 200917 yr by oldrambler spelling
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.