Ryle 54 Dixie Heights 42

poon

The game was close throughout. Ryle started to take over with about 6 minutes left in the game. Dixie was just too small in the paint to handle the bigs for Ryle. Neither team really impressed me, though. Dixie didn't have a player over 6'3" , that was the difference.

Did Pike not play then? He is every bit of 6'5.

Two offenses that struggled a great deal for most of the game. I would love to see a stat on the number of turnovers in this game, especially in the first half. It has to be a staggering number. Dixie's only offense was by and large 3 pt. shooting due to the size mismatch. Ryle didn't look very impressive either until the 4th quarter when they got quite a few buckets in transition. Ryle's outside shooting was very poor.

That's understanble. I believe their front court, with Pike in, is 6'2, 6'3, 6'5, whereas Ryle's is 6'4, 6'5, 6'8.

I didn't see any 6' 5" Dixie player - at least not one that had any meaningful impact on the game. The guy I saw busting his tail off inside was #43 and he was giving up several inches to everyone around him. He struggled a bit at the charity stripe though.

I didn't see any 6' 5" Dixie player - at least not one that had any meaningful impact on the game. The guy I saw busting his tail off inside was #43 and he was giving up several inches to everyone around him. He struggled a bit at the charity stripe though.

Pike (#23) is 6'5. He is the freshman that they play. Had a decent game against Holmes and was every bit as big as Rico.

#43 is Pompilio. He does well down low for his size. (6'2)

Congrats to Ryle on breaking the skid. They always seem to play good D, just don't score consistently and lack dynamic point guard play. I'm glad they have to play Conner instead of us in the first round of the district.

It's going to be very tough for Ryle to beat Conner three times this year, especially with Conner on an upswing recently.