Highlands 40 St. Henry 38

Final.

An intense game with the first half being on the sloppy side. Highlands makes the game winner with 5 seconds to go. St. Henry got a decent look at the buzzer, but the ball bounced harmlessly off the back rim. Highlands outscored St. Henry 10-6 in the final period to grad the win. Highlands also shoots 16 free throws to St. Henry's 6. Abby Janszen got to the line 4 times, and it very easily could have been 14 times. The refs let the Highlands players body her all night long. I believe it was Natalie Horner who took the game winner. Nothin' but net from 16 feet.

Wow this score is very surprising.

It is somewhat surprising, but the biggest lead Highlands had was 4 points in both the 1st and 4th quarters, and St. Henry's biggest lead was 3 points in the 3rd quarter. Both teams turned the ball over more than they would like, but all in all, it was a very good defensive battle.

I think the Lady Birds better wake up or they will be left at home come tourney time..They haven't played good the past few games.. I wonder what is going on???:idunno:

I won't argue that Highlands wasn't at their best last night, but give St. Henry some credit; I think their defensive pressure and intensity on both ends caught Highlands by surprise !!!!

I think the Lady Birds better wake up or they will be left at home come tourney time..They haven't played good the past few games.. I wonder what is going on???:idunno:

With few exceptions Highlands has played this way the entire year. They are not an over powering team, but they do get the job done. They missed Adler who didn't play last night. Let's not forget that no one in the 9th has beaten them yet. Whether you're winning by a little or a lot 19-2 overall and 11-0 in the region isn't too bad at this time of the year. They do the little things to win games. Allen and Towles have been pretty consistant throughout the year. As far as being left at home come tourney time, which tournament are you talking about; District, Regional, State?

I won't argue that Highlands wasn't at their best last night, but give St. Henry some credit; I think their defensive pressure and intensity on both ends caught Highlands by surprise !!!!

I'll give them credit. They are a pretty long team and could very easily upset someone in the district or regional tournament.

St. Henry has excellent coaching from the head coach down through the assistants - class individuals.

For the first time in a long time, might I add.

There is no reason St. Henry can't have success in girls basketball. The talent is there for an 'A' school. They will surprise someone come tourny time.

Congrats on the win Bluebirds. Hopefully it makes the Crusaders even more hungry knowing that they were so close to the "W".

-CF

With few exceptions Highlands has played this way the entire year. They are not an over powering team, but they do get the job done. They missed Adler who didn't play last night. Let's not forget that no one in the 9th has beaten them yet. Whether you're winning by a little or a lot 19-2 overall and 11-0 in the region isn't too bad at this time of the year. They do the little things to win games. Allen and Towles have been pretty consistant throughout the year. As far as being left at home come tourney time, which tournament are you talking about; District, Regional, State?

State...

An intense game with the first half being on the sloppy side. Highlands makes the game winner with 5 seconds to go. St. Henry got a decent look at the buzzer, but the ball bounced harmlessly off the back rim. Highlands outscored St. Henry 10-6 in the final period to grad the win. Highlands also shoots 16 free throws to St. Henry's 6. Abby Janszen got to the line 4 times, and it very easily could have been 14 times. The refs let the Highlands players body her all night long. I believe it was Natalie Horner who took the game winner. Nothin' but net from 16 feet.

Congratulations to Natalie, it's been a long season and she deserves this.