Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup County 53 Russell 46

Featured Replies

Russell came back to make it game after being down 20-3 after 1. So much for my prediction. Russell did make a great come back good game to watch after 1st qt.

I agree. It was a fun game to watch. Russell managed to make it close enough to bring some of the old Russell-Greenup rivalry feeling into the gym.

 

Greenup fouled a lot and Russell shot free throws well to fuel the comeback. I think matchup number 3 for these teams in the first round of the district will tell us a lot about the abilities of these coaches.

  • Author
I agree. It was a fun game to watch. Russell managed to make it close enough to bring some of the old Russell-Greenup rivalry feeling into the gym.

 

Greenup fouled a lot and Russell shot free throws well to fuel the comeback. I think matchup number 3 for these teams in the first round of the district will tell us a lot about the abilities of these coaches.

 

I agree and from listening to Coach Kidwell's post game comments on the way home he said they found some things in the second half. He sounded pretty confident about the first round of the districts after the game.

Great crowd tonight. Congratulations to GC. Hard to get back on top when you start down 20-5 but Russell played hard. I agree that it was a fun game to watch.

Coach Kidwell is doing a great job. I know that sounds crazy when talking about a 3-15 team, but they have some guys that really play with some fire. I love the intensity that Taylor (12), Stapleton (20), and Alexander (24) show. Those guys are juniors and really the reason why I think Russell becomes consistently competitive starting next year. Combine them with another year of experience for Skaggs and Davidson and I really think we have some hope for next year.

  • Author
Coach Kidwell is doing a great job. I know that sounds crazy when talking about a 3-15 team, but they have some guys that really play with some fire. I love the intensity that Taylor (12), Stapleton (20), and Alexander (24) show. Those guys are juniors and really the reason why I think Russell becomes consistently competitive starting next year. Combine them with another year of experience for Skaggs and Davidson and I really think we have some hope for next year.

 

I agree even though I picked them to win tonight and they did not I still stand by what I said on the other thread I think Coach Kidwell is the better coach and Russell will win when they meet in the 63rd district tourn.

I agree even though I picked them to win tonight and they did not I still stand by what I said on the other thread I think Coach Kidwell is the better coach and Russell will win when they meet in the 63rd district tourn.

 

It is a really interesting matchup. If a neutral observer just looked at these teams out on the floor, they would have to think Greenup should win hands down. I'll be pulling for Russell to make it an exciting district game, but I'm not sure I'd pick them to win! :-) It's funny, though...with all the imposing size Greenup has out on the floor, it's really #1 who beat Russell tonight.

  • Author
It is a really interesting matchup. If a neutral observer just looked at these teams out on the floor, they would have to think Greenup should win hands down. I'll be pulling for Russell to make it an exciting district game, but I'm not sure I'd pick them to win! :-) It's funny, though...with all the imposing size Greenup has out on the floor, it's really #1 who beat Russell tonight.

 

As coach Kidwell said on the post game the pressure will be on Greenup come district. If Russell can get of to a better start than they did tonight I think they can pull off the win.

As coach Kidwell said on the post game the pressure will be on Greenup come district. If Russell can get of to a better start than they did tonight I think they can pull off the win.

 

He needs to let loose the halftime speech in the pregame the next time around. :-)

  • Author
He needs to let loose the halftime speech in the pregame the next time around. :-)

 

Maybe he said he really did not say much at the half (yelling etc.). May just not need to say anything before the game.

Congrats to Greenup on the win and good comeback by Russell. This district is wide open.

Congrats to Greenup County on the win over an arch rival. :ylsuper:

Good game tonight....Wish Russell could have pulled it off , but the game kept you on the edge of your seat other than the 1st. Congrats to Greenup County.

Being a GC fan, I still have to give major props to Coach Kidwell, whatever ajustments he made at half time were unbelievable. To take a young Russell team and take a team with GC's talent to the wire is truley an amazing coaching job.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.