Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sweet 16 Draw on Jan. 30

Featured Replies

The Boys Sweet Sixteen Pairings will be broadcast on WKYT at 1:00PM. Should be some good conversation. :popcorn:

  • Replies 33
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I'm feeling a 11th and 16th region matchup in round one.:D

I would like to see a 13th vs. 12th match-up.

I'm feeling a 11th and 16th region matchup in round one.:D

 

That would be a great game to watch.

  • Author

Anyway a mod could change the title of this thread? Boys Sweet Sixteen drawing 1/30/09.:idunno:

I would like to see a 13th vs. 12th match-up.

 

Who wouldn't want to draw the 12th!:lol:

 

The last 12th Region team (not named South Laurel, obviously now in the 13th) to win a game in the state tournament was Pulaski County beating Marion County in 1992.

As a 9th region fan, the only two regions I'm hoping Holmes can avoid until the semi's or finals are the 11th and 7th. I feel like if Holmes (or whoever else out of the 9th) can get a draw where they're in the opposite bracket (like Mason Co of last year), they should have no problem making it to the semi's or finals.

Who wouldn't want to draw the 12th!:lol:

 

The last 12th Region team (not named South Laurel, obviously now in the 13th) to win a game in the state tournament was Pulaski County beating Marion County in 1992.

 

I felt that last year, both Lincoln and McCreary had the talent to beat the top team in the 12th - either SL or Corbin.

 

This season, I don't think so. Of course, McCreary still has Watts and has a chance to win the region, but all around they don't have the experienced talent they did last season.

I felt that last year, both Lincoln and McCreary had the talent to beat the top team in the 12th - either SL or Corbin.

 

This season, I don't think so. Of course, McCreary still has Watts and has a chance to win the region, but all around they don't have the experienced talent they did last season.

 

South or Corbin would have beaten Lincoln or McCreary.

Let's just hope for the sake of the a good saturday game that the 7th, 9th, and 11th aren't all bracketed right together.

  • Author
Let's just hope for the sake of the a good saturday game that the 7th, 9th, and 11th aren't all bracketed right together.

 

 

Just curious to know. Say the AP Poll has Team A #1 and Team B #2 would you have a problem with the committee placing those Teams in opposite brackets? Don't get me wrong, I like the set up, just curious.

Let's just hope for the sake of the a good saturday game that the 7th, 9th, and 11th aren't all bracketed right together.

 

I've never witnessed a "bad" Saturday game at the state tournament. They are always exciting and even when teams are undermanned and overmatched, they still play as hard as they possibly can.

South or Corbin would have beaten Lincoln or McCreary.

 

Of course they would have, Les. :notworthy:

 

Why I ever thought that McCreary or Lincoln might win is beyond me.

Let's just hope for the sake of the a good saturday game that the 7th, 9th, and 11th aren't all bracketed right together.

 

:thumb: I will throw in the 16th too as I wanted to see more of Elliott County last year but they ran into a great team in Round 1 (and they should be back this year)...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.