Holmes v Largo, MD Predictions (1/24)

Who wins?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Largo (MD), defending class 3A state champs, travels down to South Laurel this Saturday to take on Holmes at 2:30 in the Laurel County Hoopfest.

Holmes comes in at 16-1 on a 15 game win streak after a 21 point win over Harrison Co.

Largo comes in at 7-5 (assuming they win Thursday against a team they've already beaten) and on a 2 game win streak.

This might be the last team standing in between Holmes and them heading in to Rupp with just one loss. Thoughts?

Shouldn't be a problem for Holmes and I agree with Eta, this is probably the only speed bump left for the Bulldogs on their way to Rupp in March. But do not overlook them, stranger things have happened and better teams have lost to worse opponents

From what I hear from the people who have seen Largo on film, those heights of the players are overly exagerrated and Holmes should have their way with them. Largo is a very athletic team but not a good shooting team and they lack discipline both offensively and defensively. After talking to several players and someone on the coaching staff, Holmes should win this game easily as long as they come to play and continue to do what they've been doing.

BTW...Largo lost 10 seniors from last year's state title team. Thomas and Martin were the only real contributors in the junior class from last year's squad.

Holmes will win, but this is probably a good game for Holmes to see a team that can at least come close to matching their athleticism. This way, if they were to meet a team such as Ballard who may actually come close to matching their speed and athleticism in the Sweet 16, they will have seen it before.

Holmes will win, but this is probably a good game for Holmes to see a team that can at least come close to matching their athleticism. This way, if they were to meet a team such as Ballard who may actually come close to matching their speed and athleticism in the Sweet 16, they will have seen it before.

Holmes has already played Ballard.

From what I hear from the people who have seen Largo on film, those heights of the players are overly exagerrated and Holmes should have their way with them. Largo is a very athletic team but not a good shooting team and they lack discipline both offensively and defensively. After talking to several players and someone on the coaching staff, Holmes should win this game easily as long as they come to play and continue to do what they've been doing.

BTW...Largo lost 10 seniors from last year's state title team. Thomas and Martin were the only real contributors in the junior class from last year's squad.

I think Corbin almost beat last year's Largo squad if I remember correctly. Holmes should win easliy.