Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's the better conference?

Who has the better conference? 32 members have voted

  1. 1. Who has the better conference?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don't know how you could line up the top three teams from both conferences and tell me that the ACC wouldn't win at least two out three.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ACC is better at the top

 

So you have Wake better than Pitt and Duke better than UConn???

If you aren't sold on Pitt, there is no point in continuing to debate you. They play the brand of basketball that wins games in March and Dejuan Blair is an absolute monster in the paint...

 

No they don't, no big east team does. The reason the Big East struggles constantly in March is because the Big East is a physical conference where refs really let players bump each other around, when March rolls around they get officials that aren't as lenient and then they are in deep trouble.

So you have Wake better than Pitt and Duke better than UConn???

 

ACC would take one of those games and then Carolina against who?

No they don't, no big east team does. The reason the Big East struggles constantly in March is because the Big East is a physical conference where refs really let players bump each other around, when March rolls around they get officials that aren't as lenient and then they are in deep trouble.

Sure has hampered UConn on their way to a few titles and that Final Four by UL. Riddle me this. Who is Jamie Dixon's mentor? The guy that plays the exact same style of basketball. Then ask yourself about his Final Four appearances...

ACC would take one of those games and then Carolina against who?

 

I don't think the ACC wins either of those games on a neutral court. Right now the rankings say Cuse vs Carolina. Flynn vs Lawson and UNC trying to crack the 2-3 zone...

Sure has hampered UConn on their way to a few titles and that Final Four by UL. Riddle me this. Who is Jamie Dixon's mentor? The guy that plays the exact same style of basketball. Then ask yourself about his Final Four appearances...

 

The same Jamie Dixon that wins a boat load of games but come March his team seems to be bounced earlier than expected?

 

 

I'll give you the middle of the Big East is better, but in no way can I agree that the top of the Big East is better than the top 3 in the A.C.C.

The same Jamie Dixon that wins a boat load of games but come March his team seems to be bounced earlier than expected?

 

Wasn't that Roy's MO until he finally got one???

Wasn't that Roy's MO until he finally got one???

 

:lol:

 

Yes. But this has gone way off track. We will just have to agree to disagree at the top of the conferences. As I said earlier though, I'll give you the middle of the Big East as being better than the middle of the A.C.C.

:lol:

 

Yes. But this has gone way off track. We will just have to agree to disagree at the top of the conferences. As I said earlier though, I'll give you the middle of the Big East as being better than the middle of the A.C.C.

We'll get a better idea Saturday when the Hoyas play Duke...

I don't think the ACC wins either of those games on a neutral court. Right now the rankings say Cuse vs Carolina. Flynn vs Lawson and UNC trying to crack the 2-3 zone...

 

It's what the rankings say, but I think most agree Carolina is probably still the favorite to win it all. But hey, change around the match-ups to whatever fits your argument best.

 

Also, Green and Ellington couldn't crack the Cuse zone??

It's what the rankings say, but I think most agree Carolina is probably still the favorite to win it all. But hey, change around the match-ups to whatever fits your argument best.

 

Also, Green and Ellington couldn't crack the Cuse zone??

I think UConn and UNC are 1 and 1A when it's all said and done. I simply used where things are at right now to talk about it right now. I'd still take Pitt over Wake and Duke would have more problems with the 2-3 than UNC. But however you want to spin it...

I think UConn and UNC are 1 and 1A when it's all said and done. I simply used where things are at right now to talk about it right now. I'd still take Pitt over Wake and Duke would have more problems with the 2-3 than UNC. But however you want to spin it...

 

I honestly didn't know if Syracuse was going to be the third team used and when it's all said and done they probably won't be. That is one reason why I like the ACC at the top, I don't think Syracuse is that real of a threat or whoever the 3rd best team is.

I honestly didn't know if Syracuse was going to be the third team used and when it's all said and done they probably won't be. That is one reason why I like the ACC at the top, I don't think Syracuse is that real of a threat or whoever the 3rd best team is.

I don't think Duke is a real threat when it's all said and done... :D

ACC easily, UNC, Duke, or even Clemson yes Clemson could make a run at a national title this year. I look at the Big East and they have a lot of good teams but no team that says wow they could win it all.

 

I'm sorry, Clemson wouldn't be a top 8 Big East team, much less a contender to win it all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.