Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's the better conference?

Who has the better conference? 32 members have voted

  1. 1. Who has the better conference?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'm sorry, Clemson wouldn't be a top 8 Big East team, much less a contender to win it all.

 

:laugh: :laugh:

 

Clemson is better than quite a few Big East teams. Have you seen them play this year?

 

USF, DePaul, St. Johns, UC, Rutgers, Providence, Seton Hall, West Virginia, Villanova, Notre Dame, Marquette....That's 11 right there. They are every bit as good as Louisville and Syracuse IMO. Gtown, Pitt, & UConn are the only ones that I would say are better.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry, Clemson wouldn't be a top 8 Big East team, much less a contender to win it all.

 

They have went down the last couple of years after great starts but they must be doing something right to keep starting the season out so strong year in and year out.

:laugh: :laugh:

 

Clemson is better than quite a few Big East teams. Have you seen them play this year?

 

USF, DePaul, St. Johns, UC, Rutgers, Providence, Seton Hall, West Virginia, Villanova, Notre Dame, Marquette....That's 11 right there. They are every bit as good as Louisville and Syracuse IMO. Gtown, Pitt, & UConn are the only ones that I would say are better.

 

Yes I have seen them.

 

UCONN, Pitt, Cuse, G-town, UofL, Nova, Marquette, Notre Dame are easily better. There's the 8 I had in mind. Clemson gets off to a blazing start against a week schedule, seemingly, every year. Go look at who they have beat = no one. Maybe this is the year they prove differently...

They have went down the last couple of years after great starts but they must be doing something right to keep starting the season out so strong year in and year out.

 

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Convince me the middle of the ACC is better than the middle of the Big East, and I'll give the nod to the ACC. Both are great at the top and rough at the bottom...

 

I think that the top of the ACC is probably better. To me, the top is the best 3 or 4 teams. I think UNC & Wake would be two of the top teams in ANY conference. Duke is solid again this year, and then you can maybe throw in Clemson, who is alright. After that, the ACC drops off some.

 

I like UCONN a lot, but they haven't lived up to my expectations yet. I think they'll be tough when March rolls around, though. With Thabeet in the middle & Adrien down low, they are a threat for the national championship IMO.

 

North Carolina is the best team in the nation. Period. Sure, they've lost a few games, but they had one of the most impressive / dominant stretches to start off the season that I have seen in college basketball in a while. Not the most wins, but man they were just crushing teams.

 

Overall, I'd have to go with the Big East as the better conference. Most of that is due to the fact that they have 16 teams in it, though.

 

Simply put, the Big East has 7 teams in their conference who could beat anybody on a given night. And that's excluding Providence, who is 11-5. Pitt, Marquette, Louisville, Syracuse, UCONN, Georgetown & Notre Dame. Throw in the 2nd tier of Providence, West Virginia and Villanova, and you've got 10 teams who have legitimate hopes of making the NCAA.

 

To summarize (:D), I'd say the Big East. But a large part of that reasoning is due to the sheer size of the conference.

I think UConn and UNC are 1 and 1A when it's all said and done. I simply used where things are at right now to talk about it right now. I'd still take Pitt over Wake and Duke would have more problems with the 2-3 than UNC. But however you want to spin it...

 

I don't think Duke is a real threat when it's all said & done either, but I don't think they'd have a problem at all with a 2-3 zone. Watched them play GT last night & they've got some guys who can shoot the rock.

I'd say that the BEAST is the better conference.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.