Question for the refs?

Is the band allowed to play while the ball is in play? Are they allowed to hit the cymbals while the opposing team is shooting foul shots? I thought this was against the rules but I have seen it happen recently and the refs allowed it to continue.

I thought there was a rule about them being under the basket during play or free throws. Why are they allowed to chear during the opposing teams ft's?

They can cheer all they want and at any time.

Are you saying that they are directly behind the basket? If so, are they always there or do they move over there during the FT? I can't imagine that a ref lets them be directly behind the basket.

They can cheer all they want and at any time.

Are you saying that they are directly behind the basket? If so, are they always there or do they move over there during the FT? I can't imagine that a ref lets them be directly behind the basket.

I see cheerleaders stand directly behind the basket during the game but move to the side while someone is shooting foul shots. This may not be required but is good sportsmanship/

I see cheerleaders stand directly behind the basket during the game but move to the side while someone is shooting foul shots. This may not be required but is good sportsmanship/

I can't imagine a scenario where cheerleaders are directly behind the basket. They should be to the left or right. If was the ref they would not be there.

I am pretty sure that last year a ref made a group of cheerleaders move out from under the goal and said they weren't permitted to be there. The cheerleaders continued to cheer,shout and shake their pompoms and the ref said nothing.

So from that I take it that they can cheer at anytime but not stand directly under the basket. Also nor does a ref stand directly under a basket.