Dixie Heights 53 Newport Central Catholic 43

Great win for Coach Chevy and my alma mater, but color me stunned, especially after I just proclaimed NCC underrated in another thread?? I better go back to picking horses??: :lol:

Just don't pick THOROUGHBREDS!! :lol: ...sorry, I couldn't resist!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

M Geisler only shot 2X and Connor once from the 3 in the 1st half and both were open plenty but the ball didn't get to them? NCC is good team when they play together and have proven that. Coach Brannen will have them ready for tournament play.

You can say all you want about Dixie's record, but the fact is they made it interesting vs. Highlands last week and now beat NCC. After losing 7 seniors to graduation, Coach Chev has done a great job with his inexperienced team. If you figure that they have a soph, frosh, and 7th grader in their top 8...this team could be scary by the end of the year. You can say all you want about NCC not playing well, but after looking at the box score what did Pompilio have for Dixie...4?? Dixie got it done with their best player having a below average game

You can say all you want about Dixie's record, but the fact is they made it interesting vs. Highlands last week and now beat NCC. After losing 7 seniors to graduation, Coach Chev has done a great job with his inexperienced team. If you figure that they have a soph, frosh, and 7th grader in their top 8...this team could be scary by the end of the year. You can say all you want about NCC not playing well, but after looking at the box score what did Pompilio have for Dixie...4?? Dixie got it done with their best player having a below average game

yes Dixie got it done for sure!

Very nice win for the Colonels but they are a couple years away from really contending in the region.

Dixie's best player last night was number 20. He kept the game close through 3 quarters. I think the rim doubled in size come the 4th quarter, because everything Dixie shot, went in. Oh, and number 00 had a really good game, I belive he was the 7th grader.

The NCC boys really must have felt the effect of no sleep last weekend at retreat, played very unmotivated.

Wow....it just couldn't be the fact that Dixie had a really good game could it?? I didn't see a lack of any effort on behalf of the Breds.

Wow....it just couldn't be the fact that Dixie had a really good game could it?? I didn't see a lack of any effort on behalf of the Breds.

Don't read more into it than it really is, I'm not saying Dixie won because NCC played bad, Dixie played well and deserved to win.

I guess I will have to explain. NCC was a heavy favorite in this game and lost so It seems rather creepy and I question how it happened. There you go.

you know that's a great question? It'd be interesting to know stats such as where the production comes from when a team like NCC(that's in the middle of the pack)win's and loses

NCC looked very flat and Dixie was ready to play. Pangallo works extremely hard but trys to do to much.

It just seems like NCC is inconsistent with their scoring. ONe game its Jake Geisler leading, the next its Conner dropping 25, then its Pangallo the point guard leading. I havent seen Meyer score much this season. Matt Geisler led the Breds early while football was going on. Not a lot of depth there as well.

It just seems like NCC is inconsistent with their scoring. ONe game its Jake Geisler leading, the next its Conner dropping 25, then its Pangallo the point guard leading. I havent seen Meyer score much this season. Matt Geisler led the Breds early while football was going on. Not a lot of depth there as well.

very much correct that's why the question of where does production come from in games won and games lost? Then ask why and how which film will answer all which I'm sure Coach Brannen is doing. NCC can be very successful if they can get those questions answered and balance the attack.

Wow! Dixie is the turnaround team of the year based on what they have done over the last couple of weeks. If they keep this up, Coach Chevalier is going to have to get votes for coach of the year regardless of what their record ends up as.:thumb: