East Carter 82 Boyd County 41

How times have changed. I graduated from Elliott County in 1999 and in those days Boyd, Ashland and Greenup were the power houses of the region. I think Boyd won three in a row around that time when they were led by Tyler Zornes. However now adays Elliott is not only a regional powerhouse but a state powerhouse, Fairview has been powerful off and on the last couple of years, Morgan County a AA school won a region title and Rowan did as well. Rose Hill won but I will not get into that. However my point is that the region has changed so much since I graduated that it is hard to grasp sometimes. But I believe Boyd is just going through a rough stretch and will be all power again in the near future. Anyways great job East, and go Elliott!!!

How times have changed. I graduated from Elliott County in 1999 and in those days Boyd, Ashland and Greenup were the power houses of the region. I think Boyd won three in a row around that time when they were led by Tyler Zornes. However now adays Elliott is not only a regional powerhouse but a state powerhouse, Fairview has been powerful off and on the last couple of years, Morgan County a AA school won a region title and Rowan did as well. Rose Hill won but I will not get into that. However my point is that the region has changed so much since I graduated that it is hard to grasp sometimes. But I believe Boyd is just going through a rough stretch and will be all power again in the near future. Anyways great job East, and go Elliott!!!

Don't be surprised if you get into it again.:thumb:

Congratulations to East, tough match up for Boyd.

Elliott is a "State Powerhouse?" :laugh:

I would consider them a "Region Powerhouse" for now, but I don't/haven't seen them powerhousing over other people in the state. I consider Scott Co. a "State Powerhouse". I think when comparing them to Elliott anyone can understand the difference.

Also, Fairview hasn't been powerful since the days Jeff Hall played before going to Louisville.:thumb:

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Edited by Titleist1
Grammar

I would consider them a "Region Powerhouse" for now, but I don't/haven't seen them powerhousing over other people in the state. I consider Scott Co. a "State Powerhouse". I think when comparing them to Elliott anyone can understand the difference.

Also, Fairview hasn't been powerful since the days Jeff Hall played before going to Louisville.:thumb:

The last three years Elliott County has been a player on the state level. They took Mason County to the wire in the Sweet 16 a year ago and were an Elite Eight team the year before. Now they are currently #1 in some state polls. Fairview went to a region final in early 90's led by Mike Helton.

Yes Elliott is a state power house, anything a team is considered in the top 5 in the state they are a powerhouse. And Fairview has had some really good teams over the last few years. In 2006 most people were saying that Elliott and Fairview would be the teams to beat down the stretch, however it was Russell and Elliott. I am not saying that Fairview has been dominate I am just saying ten years ago they and other class A schools did not have a chance in the 16th, however now a class A school can be every bit as powerful as an Ashland or a Boyd. ( And I know class A teams have done good in the past so you dont have to say look at Paintsville in 96, I just mean in general class A teams lagged behind.

Rumors I am hearing about Boyd are no discipline. Anyone out there know if the rumors of not showing up for practice but still starting are true? If they are true, I believe this would be a big problem for the rest of the team. I am not saying they are or are not true, this is just what I am hearing. I have no idea but I have heard them from several people, including parents.

Edited by Ram
Rule 9

I don't know about that, but the rumour I hear is that have lost about 5-8 players in the past week or so from the boys getting tired of some things going on, such as playing freshman in front of upper classman who can play just as good if not better and just some unfair treatment of players in general.

Rumors I am hearing about Boyd are no discipline. Anyone out there know if the rumors of not showing up for practice but still starting are true? If they are true, I believe this would be a big problem for the rest of the team. I am not saying they are or are not true, this is just what I am hearing. I have no idea but I have heard them from several people, including parents.

I would definitely say that is not the problem, those boys have worked thier butts off. I say the problem lies in having multiple coaches coming in and out these past four years.