East Carter 82 Boyd County 41

I don't know about that, but the rumour I hear is that have lost about 5-8 players in the past week or so from the boys getting tired of some things going on, such as playing freshman in front of upper classman who can play just as good if not better and just some unfair treatment of players in general.

Lost 5-8 players?

I know of 2 Juniors and a Senior, but not sure about the rest. I as well have heard the same grumblings, but Life moves on and it is what it is.

I would definitely say that is not the problem, those boys have worked thier butts off. I say the problem lies in having multiple coaches coming in and out these past four years.

You referring to the underclassmen, or all the team?

The switching of coaches has nothing to do with Boyd's problems.

You referring to the underclassmen, or all the team?

The switching of coaches has nothing to do with Boyd's problems.

Well said, IMO Boyd could not win a good 6' and under tournament with the talent they have from senior all the way down. When you get out rebounded in ballgames by 20-30 rebounds a game, and everybody knows rebounding is about desired and effort, you must go to the 3-point line and try to win. I've only seen Boyd Co. once or twice but they could not hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle. My heart goes out to Lion fans and coach's, but there will be basketball in Boyd Co. no matter how bad it gets and no matter who the coach is.

They can't be like Elliott and be a 1-sport high school. Who knows, if things keep going the way they are, basketball might become a participation sport only at Boyd. Where every kid gets to play required minutes, no matter how good or bad you are.

Edited by STRIKE3

Well said, IMO Boyd could not win a good 6' and under tournament with the talent they have from senior all the way down. When you get out rebounded in ballgames by 20-30 rebounds a game, and everybody knows rebounding is about desired and effort, you must go to the 3-point line and try to win. I've only seen Boyd Co. once or twice but they could not hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle. My heart goes out to Lion fans and coach's, but there will be basketball in Boyd Co. no matter how bad it gets and no matter who the coach is.

Maybe they need to put a catcher mitt on the goal that might help. LOL:sssh:

Maybe they need to put a catcher mitt on the goal that might help. LOL:sssh:

Maybe if some of the baseball players would play it would help. I heard the Arthur kid is a real talent and so is the malloy kid. I heard that one of the Assistant coach's said they could take 5 kids off the baseball team and beat the JV right now so maybe all the talent is in baseball. Are'nt the baseball players allowed to play basketball and is there any playing?