Scott 61 Ryle 37

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott came out hesitant against Boone, I'd be willing to say that Scott came out pretty hungry for a win after two tough losses to GRC and Boone. Way to go Scott!

I think Boone wanted it more in the second half and played very hard. Both teams played hard, and it was a very physical game, with lots of fouls, over-the-back calls, pushes, hand-checking, etc. Boone won the inside battle, and that was the difference. Scott is a good team and so is Boone. I don't agree that Scott were hesitant. They had a few players foul out. They tried very hard to crash the boards but were often just out of position and tried to go over the back. I also give Boone some credit for playing good defense. This was not one of Boone's better efforts but a win on someone else's home floor is always good.

I was a big proponent of Ryle as the #3 team in NKy at the start of the season and they might turn this thing around before all is said and done. Hard to understand Ryles offensive struggles. Scotts guards just took Ryle out of their offense. McLeish made some tough shots with a hand in his face but Ryle got no easy looks. Smith was better than Ahern and did a nice job getting his teammates into their offense and easy looks. Scott showed some diversity on offense with leading scorer Murray only scoring 3 points. Gligoravic is starting to play more like the All Region player he was projected.

I think Scott gained a lot of confidence losing to a very good Boone County team and going toe to toe with Boone. Should be an intersting week next week as Scott squares off with Brossart and Campbell County in district play.

Where do you all see Scott ranked in NKY after a 6 point loss to #2 Boone, and a 24 point win over #3 Ryle?

I would rank them as tied for 3rd with Campbell County with tie to be broken next week. I would rank them ahead of Holy Cross which was ranked ahead of them in the coaches poll in this mornings Enquirer!

I would rank them as tied for 3rd with Campbell County with tie to be broken next week. I would rank them ahead of Holy Cross which was ranked ahead of them in the coaches poll in this mornings Enquirer!

I agree. :thumb:

Looks like Scott is the team to beat in the district. The 37th district has some talent and that is evident with the type of seasons the teams are having. Tuesday should be a battle with matchups playing a key factor. Who guards who with Scott and Campbell?

I was a big proponent of Ryle as the #3 team in NKy at the start of the season and they might turn this thing around before all is said and done. Hard to understand Ryles offensive struggles. Scotts guards just took Ryle out of their offense. McLeish made some tough shots with a hand in his face but Ryle got no easy looks. Smith was better than Ahern and did a nice job getting his teammates into their offense and easy looks. Scott showed some diversity on offense with leading scorer Murray only scoring 3 points. Gligoravic is starting to play more like the All Region player he was projected.

I think Scott gained a lot of confidence losing to a very good Boone County team and going toe to toe with Boone. Should be an intersting week next week as Scott squares off with Brossart and Campbell County in district play.

I would disagree with this. Ryle had lots and lots of open 3's, which they clunked all night long. Did they even make a three? I would guess they were 0-10 on 3's (maybe made one) for the night and I can't remember any being contested. They also missed a bunch of free throws.

I just didn't see Ryle's guards generating much offense for them last night. Very little penetration and dish to set up easy inside shots for the bigger guys. Ahern is sometimes too hesitant to put up shots and I think defenses knows this. Plus their inside guys fail to kick the ball out quickly enough to give the guards decent outside shots. When the defense collapses on them, they just force up contested shots that usually don't go in and then frequently miss their free throws when they get fouled.