Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carroll County 58 Henry County 34

Featured Replies

How many of those 5400 seats will be available? The last time I was there no one was allowed in some of the upper section because of fire safety issues.

 

There isn't a fire exit for either side on the end where the construction is going on (stage end). Not sure what has changed since last year since it was all blocked off at tourney time?:confused:

CC looked good and played really well. For sentimental reasons I would like to see it at Henry but you are right, parking and now possibly seating are major problems right now. I would think Carroll could be another option. How many does Gallatin hold?

There was a region meeting last year to discuss possibilities for moving the boys region from Henry County while the construction is ongoing. When all was said and done, I believe they (the ADs) felt that it was still the best option.

 

1) the location is about as good as you can get in the 8th...

2) it's the largest gym in the 8th...

3) I think there was also some sentiment involved. The 8th Region boys tournament was first played at Henry Co HS in 1963, and has been there ever since - the longest any region tournament has been played at the same venue.

 

There may have been other considerations as well...gym availability, etc, but personally, I think the clincher was simply the size of the gym. There's no other gym in the 8th with anywhere close to the same number of seats.

All very good reasons as far as basketball goes however there are major Safety Issues inside and outside of the building as well. Along with the exits being blocked, the parking lot is not lit very well. I had an elderly couple say they almost fell last night. This needs to be taken into consideration, there are alot of accidents waiting to happen at this facility.

All very good reasons as far as basketball goes however there are major Safety Issues inside and outside of the building as well. Along with the exits being blocked, the parking lot is not lit very well. I had an elderly couple say they almost fell last night. This needs to be taken into consideration, there are alot of accidents waiting to happen at this facility.

 

I worked for the construction company in New Castle working on HCHS this summer when I was out of college and, if they are on acoording to schedule, everything should be ready for the tournament. The school wont be done but in regards to the gym it should be done.

I worked for the construction company in New Castle working on HCHS this summer when I was out of college and, if they are on acoording to schedule, everything should be ready for the tournament. The school wont be done but in regards to the gym it should be done.

 

I have never, ever heard of any construction project being completed on schedule.

CC looked good and played really well. For sentimental reasons I would like to see it at Henry but you are right, parking and now possibly seating are major problems right now. I would think Carroll could be another option. How many does Gallatin hold?

 

I think they considered Carroll County last year as one option...

 

Gallatin's gym is nice and fairly new, but it only holds 2200...

 

Shelby County, South Oldham, and Oldham County are three of the schools that rotate the girls' 8th Region. All are nice gyms - South's is particularly nice in that you can be ordering your food from the concession stand while on the concourse overlooking the court. But all are smaller, ranging from 2500 - 3000 capacity.

 

I doubt anyone would consider South this year, anyway, as South Oldham is hosting the girls' 8th Region this year.

 

Simon Kenton is one of the largest schools in the 8th - one of only two 6A football schools (the other is Shelby), but the SK gym seats a mere 1500.

 

Anderson County and Grant County seat 2000.

I have never, ever heard of any construction project being completed on schedule.

 

You've got a valid point...but they were ahead of schedule belive it or not when I quit there for college. With all the bad weather of late though with rain, ice, and snow I doubt they have done a lot of work. I hope they finish in time but who knows.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.