Campbell County 58 Bishop Brossart 47

Skunk

The parents at Campbell County needs to realize the talent that they had a few years ago is no longer there. The head coach only calls the plays he can't make the shots for them.

You could bring in Rick Pitino and he is only as good as his players. So you need to appreciate a coach that cares about all of his players. He has been more loyal to Campbell County than any other coach.

The freshman coach job is not to win games but to develop players for the varsity team. If you are keeping track of their record then you have to much time on your hands.

If and when the head coach leaves you will get whatever you deserve.

The head coach does the game as good as anyone. So why don't you support him while he is the coach instead of bad mouthing him. The only thing the fans are doing is causing the team to be separated. Get on the band wagon instead on setting obsteacles for the team to overcome in front of them.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The parents at Campbell County needs to realize the talent that they had a few years ago is no longer there. The head coach only calls the plays he can't make the shots for them.

You could bring in Rick Pitino and he is only as good as his players. So you need to appreciate a coach that cares about all of his players. He has been more loyal to Campbell County than any other coach.

The freshman coach job is not to win games but to develop players for the varsity team. If you are keeping track of their record then you have to much time on your hands.

If and when the head coach leaves you will get whatever you deserve.

The head coach does the game as good as anyone. So why don't you support him while he is the coach instead of bad mouthing him. The only thing the fans are doing is causing the team to be separated. Get on the band wagon instead on setting obsteacles for the team to overcome in front of them.

Great post. If you have a good frosh team, it means you have frosh on the team. For most teams, the best frosh haven't played a game of Frsh baskebtll since their 8th grade year...

Brossart hung around in the Varsity game due to coaching, having no Seniors really hurt them, but coaching kept them in it.

As far as the Camel Coaching Staff, one coach should not even be there. He was the Freshmen Coach the last two years with a 4 and 40 record. He could not couch at another school that he teaches at, they ran him out.

As far as the Head Coach, he will lose the close game because he can not make any adjustments. He has be leaving for the last two years, maybe we can get a coach(BR) that really knows the game.

IMO, I don't know if coaching had so much to do with Brossart hanging in the game as much as good shooting from Bezold in the 1st half and Uthe in the 2nd half. Brossart's coach is a good coach, but as demons20 said in their post,most of the time, a coach is only as good as what they are given to work with. The Stangs will be fine, but Campbell probably has more talent right now on their varsity team and should have won the game. As far as the Campbell coaching staff is concerned, they are a good group with a lot of basketball knowledge and coaching experience. Coach Cravens runs an excellent program and is a good game coach. That former freshman coach you have such contempt for, I understand has been coaching at the high school level for many years at the freshmen, JV, and varsity assistant levels and has had success. He was not given much to work with the last 2 years. I have heard the best freshmen played at a higher level and there is only 1 player still in the program from the freshmen team of 2 years ago and the 4 or 5 left from last year's team are on the JV team and get no varsity time. He decided not to continue coaching at his previous school, despite being asked to stay when a head coaching change was made there. Demons20 has it right. Support the team, support the coaching staff, celebrate their success.

Brossart hung around in the Varsity game due to coaching, having no Seniors really hurt them, but coaching kept them in it.

As far as the Camel Coaching Staff, one coach should not even be there. He was the Freshmen Coach the last two years with a 4 and 40 record. He could not couch at another school that he teaches at, they ran him out.

As far as the Head Coach, he will lose the close game because he can not make any adjustments. He has be leaving for the last two years, maybe we can get a coach(BR) that really knows the game.

WOW is all I can say to this post.

I guess you have not seen the talent that has come through CC Girl's basketball the past couple of years? There are only I think 2 girl's that are left from this junior class that played TOGETHER as freshman (Brooks & Dumaine). As of right now you have 1 junior starting (Brooks), 2 sophomores starting (Zabonick and Miller) and then you have 2 freshman starting (Martin and Grey) for the JV. The others sitting on the bench would be all sophomores that probably wouldn't see varsity time as JUNIORS. So to put the blame on the old freshman coach is a bit ridiculous IMO. He did the best he could with what he had. These kids were NEVER coached/taught in the MS level.

I also will say that I think there needs to be another coach at the freshman level at Campbell County on BOTH the girl's and boy's side. The boy's have been lucky that they have had some great talent come through where needing a 2nd coach to work on the basic skills was not needed as much as the girl's side has. If you look at the majority of the freshman teams that CC has played they have 2 coaches. IMO there is no way a coach can work with 12 - 15 players at the sametime on different skills.

If you are so disgruntled with the way the basketball team is being handled and you seem to know alot about how to "coach" the game why don't you volunteer your time to make the program better?

Edited by memyselfandi

Paige Bowling, Taylor Griffin & Taylor Robinson (on this year's freshman team) all have been moved as 8th graders. I do not think the boy's team does it as much as the girl's team.

Yeah it is much more prevelant with the girls. Thes girls you mentioned, they are 8th graders playing frosh? I was told at a 7th grade game last year that CC did not move girls up. I asked because I was watching a girl that obviously was much better than the 7th grade talent in the game. Seemed like a waste.

Yeah it is much more prevelant with the girls. Thes girls you mentioned, they are 8th graders playing frosh? I was told at a 7th grade game last year that CC did not move girls up. I asked because I was watching a girl that obviously was much better than the 7th grade talent in the game. Seemed like a waste.

Paige is a Sr. She started varsity as an 8th grader, Frosh & JV as a 7th grader.

Griffin, Soph - has played HS basketball since her 6th grade year.

Kitchen could easily have played in her middle school years, but she attended another school.

CCHS freshman teams have not had their bet freshman on the floor in years. Thye have not had much success at the Frosh level as a result. But it does put girls in a development opportunity that may not have gotten it otherwise. The thing that baffles me is, if you are constantly playing 7th and 8th graders, then what is happening to these girls when they are Jr & Sr'? Wouldn't one think that if the were that good when they were younger, they would be even better when they get older? Thus, how do the younger girls keep getting playing time. Looks like an indication that the girls no longer develop under the tutelage of the Varsity coach????

Paige is a Sr. She started varsity as an 8th grader, Frosh & JV as a 7th grader.

Griffin, Soph - has played HS basketball since her 6th grade year.

Kitchen could easily have played in her middle school years, but she attended another school.

CCHS freshman teams have not had their bet freshman on the floor in years. Thye have not had much success at the Frosh level as a result. But it does put girls in a development opportunity that may not have gotten it otherwise. The thing that baffles me is, if you are constantly playing 7th and 8th graders, then what is happening to these girls when they are Jr & Sr'? Wouldn't one think that if the were that good when they were younger, they would be even better when they get older? Thus, how do the younger girls keep getting playing time. Looks like an indication that the girls no longer develop under the tutelage of the Varsity coach????

I would say player "development" is not solely on the V coach. Off season AAU is where a lot of development takes place. A lot of girls may be physically mature by frosh year. Quite simply, athletically they may have peaked. Girls also develop different interests in the teen years. A girl that was bball gung ho at age 12 sometimes has no interest at 15 or 16.

Wow. I was at the game and saw no big coaching mistakes for Campbell.

If fact, I saw some good adjustments. (when Brossart went up tempo Peters came out.

When Brossart played 1/2 court Peters dominated) Simple stuff but still good coaching.

Campbell had more weapons that Brossart and I thought the coaching staff took full advantage of this.

I am not a Campbell fan and I do not know their coach. My observation is just from this one game.

Campbell County has the potential of being a contender for a Regional run again this year. I know Clark Co. and Mont. Co. will be in the tourney however if the Camels play together anything is possible.

The players and coaches must believe in the gameplan and execute it in order to be victorious!

A few years back the head coach designed a plan to knock off Bishop in the Districts and Regional tourney to make it to the SWEET 16. Nothing has changed about him, he works hard and enjoys coaching so the critics should support their coach no matter what. He is a coach that teaches his players about life. If a former player or a present player needed help he would be there any time of the day.

So fans support a man who is dedicated and loves to coach because they are few and far between..