December 10, 200817 yr They just became, a serious contender. For another choke..Mets are always iffy...You can't always buy championships. I think they got him cheap which leads me to believe something has to be up if the Angels didn't want to even resign him.
December 10, 200817 yr For another choke..Mets are always iffy...You can't always buy championships. I think they got him cheap which leads me to believe something has to be up if the Angels didn't want to even resign him. The Angels have bigger fish to fry with Teixeira & Sabathia. How does Cordero's contract with the Reds compare to K-Rod's with the Mets? Seems like the Mets got a relatively cheap deal.
December 10, 200817 yr For another choke..Mets are always iffy...You can't always buy championships. I think they got him cheap which leads me to believe something has to be up if the Angels didn't want to even resign him. In the middle of KRod's streak this year, people were saying that the Angels should trade him.
December 10, 200817 yr In the middle of KRod's streak this year, people were saying that the Angels should trade him. Only because the Angels didn't plan on resigning him.
December 10, 200817 yr Only because the Angels didn't plan on resigning him. True. But I doubt that it is because they know "something is up". I believe that because I think, the Angels, like most other successful baseball teams (as in, not the Reds or even the Mets to an extent), realize that a closer is not as hard to come by as imagined- a set-up man can be converted with little trouble- and they should probably get something for the supposed high value he had.
December 10, 200817 yr I doubt he comes close to the numbers he had last season. The Mets would have been great last season if they would have had him then.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.