Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Perry Central/Hazard canceled

Featured Replies

Hazard went ahead and pd. their way out of this one I think it cost them somewhere between $3000 and $5000 dollors my son told me this and he is good friends with some of the PCC players.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazard went ahead and pd. their way out of this one I think it cost them somewhere between $3000 and $5000 dollors my son told me this and he is good friends with some of the PCC players.

 

Thats what all the PCC people are saying to me to but HHS actually won't have to pay them bc of the cause of the matter. I hear they have already checked with the higher up people about it. Im also hearing that PCC wont reschedule to make it look like HHS doesn't want to play them at all but HHS said that they would play any day of the week and PCC won't do it. Thats just what I'm hearing around town on both sides.

 

:argue:

  • Author
The game has been canceled for tomorrow night. Hazard had to cancel all of there games for the week and are trying to reschedule if the other teams are willing to. They only have 7 varsity players right now and the rest are 7th and 8th graders. Two of the varsity players are hurt and out (one with a back and other with an ankle), one varsity player suspended for getting thrown out last game and one 8th grader hurt with a leg injury. Without any football players able to play this week, then it would just be the 7th and 8th graders out there trying to play against grown men. Hopefully they can get this rescheduled but I'm hearing PCC isn't wanting to.

 

 

 

Hazard didnt have a problem playing Buckhorn a few days ago. Now all of a sudden there down to playing with just 7th and 8th graders? Not buying it.

Hazard didnt have a problem playing Buckhorn a few days ago. Now all of a sudden there down to playing with just 7th and 8th graders? Not buying it.

 

I don't buy it either. A potentially embarrassing 25 or 30 point loss to arch-rival PCC is what I think cancelled this game.

The simple solution would be for the KHSAA to say you can't schedule basketball games until the entire football season is over, just like you can't schedule baseball games until after the Sweet Sixteen.

Hazard did have to forfeit though, right?

I doubt not having enough good players would be a reason in most contracts to not play the game.

Hazard did have to forfeit though, right?

 

Did they forfeit the game?:confused:

Hazard dont be like Breathitt County:cry::scared: play Perry Central tonight.:fight:

Hazard went ahead and pd. their way out of this one I think it cost them somewhere between $3000 and $5000 dollors my son told me this and he is good friends with some of the PCC players.

 

Is this facts or hear say?:confused:

Usually a dollar amount is included in the contract for not playing for non listed reasons.

Usually a dollar amount is included in the contract for not playing for non listed reasons.

It is, but it's not usually $3,000 to $5,000 that was posted on here. Contracts usually run in the range of $800 to $1,000 for boys games and $500 to $800 for girls.

Maybe it's different with Hazard and PCC though, since the gate for that game would obviously be huge and the financial loss would be more than most games.

It is, but it's not usually $3,000 to $5,000 that was posted on here. Contracts usually run in the range of $800 to $1,000 for boys games and $500 to $800 for girls.

Maybe it's different with Hazard and PCC though, since the gate for that game would obviously be huge and the financial loss would be more than most games.

 

There is know team going to sign a contract for 3,000 to 5,000 like DoneDirty said on a post on here. Also what amout is it 3,000 or 5,000?

I was thinking if they are bringing in 3-5 grand a home game, I would schedule all home games. I know a lot of teams would come to Perry Co. for half that.

  • Author
I don't buy it either. A potentially embarrassing 25 or 30 point loss to arch-rival PCC is what I think cancelled this game.

 

:thumb: Cowardly move on Hazards part. I'm not saying Perry beating Hazard without there entire roster proves anything. However, if you have five players to put out there than you should play. Imo you could give coach Hatcher five random players off the street and he would play you. :lol:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.