Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County's Schedule

Featured Replies

They have beefed the schedule up with Myrtle Beach, Mason, Anderson, and South Charleston. They live and breath as a part of the 16th region and have an obligation year in and year out to play those teams in that region. They must play East, West, and Morgan (district) home and away. Everyone is restricted by the 23 max game schedule. Some think that besides who they scheduled this year they should have added a Holmes, Scott County, and J-Town. Just not realistic for a 16th region team. On a 1-10 scale they have a 7 schedule with 5 being a middle of the road average schedule. Should it have been a 8 or 9 in difficulty. Maybe? But, again just not feasible with the obligations and restrictions on # of games. Besides I like the mystery of should they play a Scott County, Holmes, J-Town, Manual, etc in the Sweet Sixteen we don't have a regular season game to measure by (unlike Mason last year that didn't turn out the way most thought it would anyway).

Bottom line is that the big three for Elliott have proven time and time again that they can play against speed on the AAU circuit. I did not see a press all summer they couldn't handle. One of quickest kids I saw on the AAU circuit that Ethan Faulkner matched up with was the Pressey kid for BABC. I think if you look him up he is a highly rated 2010 guard and the son of a former NBA player. He is one example. There were many others.

 

Now, I agree that if the majority of a schedule consists of lesser competition, there is an adjustment a team has to make when they face a quicker, tougher opponent. In Elliott's case, I have no doubt they can handle it.

 

I think they are a legit top team in the state. Should they win their region as expected and get to Rupp with a favorable draw, they could win a state championship.

Bottom line is that the big three for Elliott have proven time and time again that they can play against speed on the AAU circuit. I did not see a press all summer they couldn't handle. One of quickest kids I saw on the AAU circuit that Ethan Faulkner matched up with was the Pressey kid for BABC. I think if you look him up he is a highly rated 2010 guard and the son of a former NBA player. He is one example. There were many others.

 

Now, I agree that if the majority of a schedule consists of lesser competition, there is an adjustment a team has to make when they face a quicker, tougher opponent. In Elliott's case, I have no doubt they can handle it.

 

I think they are a legit top team in the state. Should they win their region as expected and get to Rupp with a favorable draw, they could win a state championship.

 

I agree that Elliott Co will be able to adjust to the competition, good or bad, but feel that some of the teams on their schedule just won't make them better. Love to watch that team play.They play the game I like. They stay intense and give their all. Wish them the best.:fight:

We have seen plenty of teams rack up a number of wins and when they go up against a quality opponent, they get run out of the gym.

 

While I think the kids are already ready for another run at Rupp, this schedule will only help them when that time comes.

 

The best example I can think of, since I only really follow the 10th and 16th is Ashland. While we all know that Ashland hasn't won the 16th in a few years, they are always ready to play come tournament time.

 

Every year, they have a schedule which includes an unbelievable amount of road games in December. While every team they play on the road may not be great, it's putting the kids through it, getting them out and getting them experience. How many times has Ashland gotten off to a rough start, only to get on a roll come January/February.

 

This year is no exception as they open with 9 out of 10 on the road.

 

I know this thread is about Elliott and I think the trip south this year, the tough games last year, this team has been ready since that night in March at Rupp. :thumb:

Does anyone by any chance have a link to Elliott's schedule? I wouldnt mind watching them play a few times this year.

Does anyone by any chance have a link to Elliott's schedule? I wouldn't mind watching them play a few times this year.
Below is the Link.

 

Elliott County schedule

 

The Lions will be very exciting, well disciplined and one of the best teams in the State this year.

Should be a top-5 squad all year long.

Should be a top-5 squad all year long.

 

yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

This is a quality team. I would imagine they have seen every possible style of play thrown at them over the past several years. The AAU circuit makes this somewhat a moot point.

 

If Holmes or Scott Co have a slightly off night, Elliott could take home the big trophy in March. As a fan of the underdog, I would love to see it.

This is a quality team. I would imagine they have seen every possible style of play thrown at them over the past several years. The AAU circuit makes this somewhat a moot point.

 

If Holmes or Scott Co have a slightly off night, Elliott could take home the big trophy in March. As a fan of the underdog, I would love to see it.

 

OR maybe one of them gets beat out in the region!

  • Author

I dont know about staying top five all season. Soon as they get a loss they shouldn't everyone will drop them quite a bit, and they will get a loss they shouldn't. 99% of teams playing do.

OR maybe one of them gets beat out in the region!

 

Doubtful. :thumb:

Elliott knows they can play. Could it not be an advantage to them to not play the better in state teams and not give them an opportunity to prepare for a future meeting as well. With a game and time to prepare they almost beat a Mason team that handled them easily earlier in the year.

It is doubtful , but it could happen.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.