Devendorf investigated in alleged assault of female student

BoondockSaint

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A 20-year-old Syracuse student asked police to arrest Orange basketball player Eric Devendorf earlier this month after she said he hit her with a closed fist, Syracuse police said Tuesday.

Police submitted a summons application seeking the arrest of Devendorf, a junior guard, according to police spokesman Tom Connellan.

Devendorf was not arrested, and in a news release the Onondaga County District Attorney's Office said the matter had been referred to the Syracuse University Judicial Affairs Office. The county said any further decision by the district attorney's office would be deferred pending the outcome of the university proceedings.

"The university is handling that," coach Jim Boeheim said Tuesday night. "When they're done with it, we'll see where we are and we'll respond to it."

Devendorf declined comment after Syracuse beat Richmond 76-71 on Tuesday night.

Kimberly Smith said she was driving her car at about 3 a.m. in the city on Nov. 1 when several people began kicking the vehicle, according to police.

Smith told police when she got out of the car to get the people to stop, Devendorf walked up to Smith with a closed fist and struck her. Devendorf then shouted obscenities and told her to get back in the car, according to Connellan.

Police first became aware of the altercation when they were called on a harassment complaint later that morning. Connellan said university public safety officers also were at the scene.

Smith told police she couldn't identify the people kicking her car but could identify Devendorf because she knows him, Connellan said.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/11116159

So he's a piece of trash for this, but T-Will isn't a thug for pulling a gun on a teammate? I'd like to know how you rationalize that....

:lol: I'm not sure why you're trying to start a fight. I don't have to rationalize anything, I have never said anything good about T-Will besides the fact that I respect that he leaves everything on the court when he plays. Devendorf has always been a thug and this just reinforces my opinion. Keep trying man...

:lol: I'm not sure why you're trying to start a fight. I don't have to rationalize anything, I have never said anything good about T-Will besides the fact that I respect that he leaves everything on the court when he plays. Devendorf has always been a thug and this just reinforces my opinion. Keep trying man...

Except for the thread where you guys were defending T-Will, because you had heard the incident never happened....