Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Manual/Lexington Catholic Scrimmage

Featured Replies

Speedy, Can you give us a run down of the game?

 

How did the two D1 prospects look?

  • Author
Speedy, Can you give us a run down of the game?

 

How did the two D1 prospects look?

 

I would say Jenkins was the much more impressive and complete player. Really seemed to flow with the game. It was a fast paced game that had a bunch of turnovers. Both teams pressed and I think LC pressed nearly the entire game.

 

Jenkins finished with around 22. Shot the ball well and had at least 10 or more assists. Couple of other players on Manual were knocking down some shots including #30 and #21 I believe. A nice athletic team. They were missing their big kid tonight. Not sure why.

 

Sanford struggled early. He connected on his first shot then misses several after that. Really likes to go one-on-one a lot. Jenkins seemed to have forced him into some bad shots. As the game went on, Sanford became much more effective.

 

Lexington Catholic has a really nice player in Botkins who played guard. They also have another nifty point guard who really excelled in the lanes. They also had a center who rebounded, played D, scored on some nice moves. Lexington Catholic will be a very good team down the road.

Edited by SpeedyGonzales

I would say Jenkins was the much more impressive and comple player. Really seemed to flow with the game. It was a fast paced game that had a bunch of turnovers. Both teams pressed and I think LC pressed nearly the entire game.

 

Jenkins finished with around 22. Shot the ball well and had at least 10 or more assists. Couple of other players on Manual were knocking down some shots including #30 and #21 I believe. A nice athletic team. They were missing their big kid tonight. Not sure why.

 

Sanford struggled early. He connected on his first shot then misses several after that. Really likes to go one-on-one a lot. Jenkins seemed to have forced him into some bad shots.

 

Lexington Catholic has a really nice player in Botkins who played guard. They also have another nifty point guard who really excelled in the lanes. They also had a center who rebounded, played D, scored on some nice moves. Lexington Catholic will be a very good team down the road.

 

 

Thanks for the recap!

 

I thought Manual might struggle at the point with the graduation of Aaron Williams.

]I would say Jenkins was the much more impressive and complete player.[/b] Really seemed to flow with the game. It was a fast paced game that had a bunch of turnovers. Both teams pressed and I think LC pressed nearly the entire game.

 

Jenkins finished with around 22. Shot the ball well and had at least 10 or more assists. Couple of other players on Manual were knocking down some shots including #30 and #21 I believe. A nice athletic team. They were missing their big kid tonight. Not sure why.

 

Sanford struggled early. He connected on his first shot then misses several after that. Really likes to go one-on-one a lot. Jenkins seemed to have forced him into some bad shots. As the game went on, Sanford became much more effective.

 

Lexington Catholic has a really nice player in Botkins who played guard. They also have another nifty point guard who really excelled in the lanes. They also had a center who rebounded, played D, scored on some nice moves. Lexington Catholic will be a very good team down the road.

You don't say!?

Three more days in the signing period.

Who is Jenkins going to sign with?

Xavier? Wisconsin? Evansville?

How many total offers on the table to decide between?

  • Author
Thanks for the recap!

 

I thought Manual might struggle at the point with the graduation of Aaron Williams.

 

Manual did struggle some with the press. I thought Manual had some nice guards. Jenkins also played some point guard tonight and did a nice job. They will improve as the season goes on.

Scrimmage?
Yes, first game can't be played until Monday, following Thanksgiving.
Yes, first game can't be played until Monday, following Thanksgiving.

 

That's what I thought. Thanks!

Is this a surprise outcome, or just scrimmage thus it didn't mean anything?

  • Author
Is this a surprise outcome, or just scrimmage thus it didn't mean anything?

 

It is scrimmage, but the intensity was there and both teams were playing to win judging by substitution patterns.

Scrimmage or not, I'm sure both teams were playing this game as if it were regular season so good win for Manual. I expect big things out of them this year.

  • Author
Scrimmage or not, I'm sure both teams were playing this game as if it were regular season so good win for Manual. I expect big things out of them this year.

 

Manual's 88 to 72 win was impressive and this was the marquee game at the PRP Shootout. It had all the intensity of a regular season game and the substitution pattern showed it.

 

Even before the game got started there was some intensity with Sanford and Jenkins doing some sort of dunk contest. Sanford had a few crowd pleasing jams before Jenkins decided to bring one way back and then throw it down and got the crowd going.

 

The PRP folks did a really nice job of getting this event together.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.