Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bath County at Corbin predictions

Who Wins this Matchup 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins this Matchup

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Bath County lost to every good team that they played. The teams that Bath County lost to have a combined record of 28 and 5. They were outscored 134 to 68 in those loses. In 8 wins they played teams who were a combined 20 wins and 66 loses ( 11 wins belong to two teams). Bath County scored 287 and gave up 103 points in those wins. I know that the Corbin starters have had very little playing time in the last month and that will probably account for the 12 points. I stand by my prediction.

 

Go ahead and count Bath Co. out! Thats what I would do! When Bath Co. played in 2 of the 3 losses they were without key players, this will make a difference, I promise you that! I don't think the Bath Co. fans and players are planning on driving over 2 hours to lay down because Corbin is supposedly this unbeatable team. I have said this once and I will say it again, any team can be beat on any given Friday night. Look at some of the games this week, who would have thought that Highlands would have almost got beat by Bryan Station, Simon Kenton over Lafayette? I think this will be a battle, but you can go ahead and count the Cats out, we like it that way!:thumb:

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead and count Bath Co. out! Thats what I would do! When Bath Co. played in 2 of the 3 losses they were without key players, this will make a difference, I promise you that! I don't think the Bath Co. fans and players are planning on driving over 2 hours to lay down because Corbin is supposedly this unbeatable team. I have said this once and I will say it again, any team can be beat on any given Friday night. Look at some of the games this week, who would have thought that Highlands would have almost got beat by Bryan Station, Simon Kenton over Lafayette? I think this will be a battle, but you can go ahead and count the Cats out, we like it that way!:thumb:

 

Bath has had a nice season. I look for Corbin to be a little better than most of teams the Wildcats have faced and thus be able to beat Bath 42-14. I saw Bath earlier in the season get beat by Williamsburg. I suppose they have improved alot since that time. It would be a huge upset for Bath to beat Corbin at Corbin in the playoffs. Stranger things have happened.

Bath has had a nice season. I look for Corbin to be a little better than most of teams the Wildcats have faced and thus be able to beat Bath 42-14. I saw Bath earlier in the season get beat by Williamsburg. I suppose they have improved alot since that time. It would be a huge upset for Bath to beat Corbin at Corbin in the playoffs. Stranger things have happened.

 

You are correct, that was the loss where we had some key players injured. The officiating also did not help any in that game, there was bad calls both ways but mainly toward the visitor. You are exactly right, Corbin will be handful! They are very good program, but so is Bath Co. and everyone is counting them out. Bath Co. has went from a team that was not winning anything to a pretty good team!

good teams over come bad calls...and Corbin wins but it'll be close for a while. 2 TDs

Edited by StormBringer
had to add prediction...and fix spelling.

Rest assured that Corbin counts NO ONE out. Anyone can win on any given night. Bath County will not be driving 2 hours expecting to lose. And our boys will not be dressing expecting to lose. Our team will do our talking on the field and will be prepared. Bath will do the same. GO HOUNDS!!!:thumb:

Rest assured that Corbin counts NO ONE out. Anyone can win on any given night. Bath County will not be driving 2 hours expecting to lose. And our boys will not be dressing expecting to lose. Our team will do our talking on the field and will be prepared. Bath will do the same. GO HOUNDS!!!:thumb:

 

 

Exactly!:flame:

I'm in the not counting anyone out camp. Will Corbin be favored? No doubt. Will they be favored by a good margin? Yes. Should they be? Probably. Do I think that is right? It's reasonable. However, I don't think that Corbin is or should be looking past Bath County. They will be convincing favorites and rightfully sow but Bath County is an 8-3 team. Most schools would be tickled to have that record.

 

They've lost games this year but they have won more than half of their games. These kids know how to win. Plus they will have their backs against the wall in a win or go home situation against 2A's best team (according to the rankings). A lot of teams are just happy with a good effort in those situations but when you are used to winning like Bath County, you expect to win the game and will come out swinging.

 

I'm only going from what I've read but Bath County will probably be overmatched but if they play with heart, that can trump anything. I remember back in 1996, Corbin was undefeated and just destroying competition. They held one of the best teams I have seen. A few weeks early, Corbin beat the tar out of a Madison Southern team 49-26 I believe. These two teams met up in the playoff just a few weeks later. Corbin was probably looking ahead and maybe reading their press clippings a little too much. What I saw that November night was a Madison Southern team who had no chance in hades to win the game according to fans and pundits come down to Corbin and win in overtime.

 

These are the playoffs and you have two 1-0 teams during this new season that are trying to advance and give their seniors at least one more week to play. Corbin better be ready.

 

Corbin 42

Bath 18

Close game! Defensive matchup Bath 20 Corbin 14

 

Yeah I think it will not be close at all Corbin wins big 55-14. Bath Co. has had there best season sence 1997 9-4 Quarterfinals team.

Corbin is to physical for Bath. Corbin by at least 20.

Would have to disagree with this assessment, Bath is very hard nosed and physical, and they've had a good year. However, I don't think they can play with Corbin, I'll say Redhounds 42 Wildcats 21

Corbin by 3 touchdowns.

Corbin 42-7.

Actually, these two teams are very much alike in their offensive and defensive play styles. You could call Bath Co., "Corbin light".

 

Usually when two similar teams play, the difference is personel. Though anything can happen, Corbin has a distinct advantage here.

 

Corbin beats Bath Co. 9/10 times.

Corbin wins this one and thanksgiving week will be real fun. Hounds by 35

I remember back in 1996, Corbin was undefeated and just destroying competition. They held one of the best teams I have seen. A few weeks early, Corbin beat the tar out of a Madison Southern team 49-26 I believe. These two teams met up in the playoff just a few weeks later. Corbin was probably looking ahead and maybe reading their press clippings a little too much. What I saw that November night was a Madison Southern team who had no chance in hades to win the game according to fans and pundits come down to Corbin and win in overtime.

 

 

Excellent story. There is a reason we play the games.

 

BTW Corbin by a TD or two. Bath is a pretty good team. I'll be pulling for Corbin and all other mountain teams.

Excellent story. There is a reason we play the games.

 

BTW Corbin by a TD or two. Bath is a pretty good team. I'll be pulling for Corbin and all other mountain teams.

 

Where do you think Bath County is? Bath County is in Eastern KY, I have no clue why people think that they are not part of the Mountain Football group. They play the same physical hard nosed rushing game that all the mountain teams play.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.