Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bath County at Corbin predictions

Who Wins this Matchup 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins this Matchup

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Most people refer to the mountain schools as Southeastern and Far Eastern KY.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people refer to the mountain schools as Southeastern and Far Eastern KY.

 

Yes and that gets on my last nerve!:fire:

Yes and that gets on my last nerve!:fire:

 

Do you receive WYMT TV from Hazard? This is what would normally "qualify" a school to be considered a mountain team. I think the "mountain teams" phrase really started when WYMT started the Mountain Top 10, I think it actually started as the top 5.

I'm in the not counting anyone out camp. Will Corbin be favored? No doubt. Will they be favored by a good margin? Yes. Should they be? Probably. Do I think that is right? It's reasonable. However, I don't think that Corbin is or should be looking past Bath County. They will be convincing favorites and rightfully sow but Bath County is an 8-3 team. Most schools would be tickled to have that record.

 

They've lost games this year but they have won more than half of their games. These kids know how to win. Plus they will have their backs against the wall in a win or go home situation against 2A's best team (according to the rankings). A lot of teams are just happy with a good effort in those situations but when you are used to winning like Bath County, you expect to win the game and will come out swinging.

 

I'm only going from what I've read but Bath County will probably be overmatched but if they play with heart, that can trump anything. I remember back in 1996, Corbin was undefeated and just destroying competition. They held one of the best teams I have seen. A few weeks early, Corbin beat the tar out of a Madison Southern team 49-26 I believe. These two teams met up in the playoff just a few weeks later. Corbin was probably looking ahead and maybe reading their press clippings a little too much. What I saw that November night was a Madison Southern team who had no chance in hades to win the game according to fans and pundits come down to Corbin and win in overtime.

 

These are the playoffs and you have two 1-0 teams during this new season that are trying to advance and give their seniors at least one more week to play. Corbin better be ready.

 

Corbin 42

Bath 18

 

The outcome of that game had more to do with a stubborn coach than anything else. You have a RB (Matt Bargo) averaging over 10 ypc and he doesn't get the ball????????

 

Also, announcing the Breathitt score, had us looking ahead to them. I don't think anything except local scores should be announced (no 2A scores) until after the game. JMO

I do agree about Coach Whitaker being very stubborn that game. It still Baffles me that Matt was used as little as he was. We had some other backs that could generate yardage but Matt was the bread and butter. If we would have stuck with running Bargo, it would have freed up Ricky, Lucas, Mondo, Baker, and anyone else he wanted Danny to throw to. I also agree about announcing the Breathitt score. Everyone was looking ahead to that game all year long. I'm not going to dwell on it but there is no doubt that Breathitt would have went down and the question mark on the scoreboard would have had a 96 on it if not for all of that. To this day, that was the best team I have seen, played, been a part of, or just heard of in Eastern Kentucky. The line was dominating and huge, the backs were dominating and huge, the QB was money,and the WR's had great hands. Hopefully this years group of Hounds can exorcise those demons from 1996 and redeem the Pride and Tradition left out on the field that night.

The outcome of that game had more to do with a stubborn coach than anything else. You have a RB (Matt Bargo) averaging over 10 ypc and he doesn't get the ball????????

 

Also, announcing the Breathitt score, had us looking ahead to them. I don't think anything except local scores should be announced (no 2A scores) until after the game. JMO

 

I believe that Bargo(who received a scholarship to EKU as a RB) only carried the ball once or twice the entire second half. Corbin threw the ball around 50 times that night even though they had run at will against the same team a couple of weeks prior to that game. Throw in the "Hal Mumme" fake punt on 4th and 20 deep in your own territory and you have the recipe for an upset. This loss started the wheels in motion for the coaching change that would come later.

When Bath played Williamsburg they were full strength for about 3 quarters...then they lost their better RB...he is quick, and the line is pretty physical and big. I think Corbin has solid depth; if Bath does I did not see it early in the year. Corbin needs to put this one away when they get the chance because teams you are "supposed" to beat in the playoffs that get to hang around until the 4th quarter tend to bite you...i.e. Mad. Southern 96, Taylor Co. 99, and Larue 01 to name a few. I think this is a focused group that should win by around 28 to 35 points.

Corbin 42

Bath Co. 16

The Hounds win this one Bath will not stop the running game.Corbin 49 Bath 21

Corbin 35-14...

Corbin 35 Bath Co. 21

I am changing my prediction Bath Co. 20 Corbin 7. I dont think they can handle the speed!

People may question your sanity but they can't question your loyalty to the Wildcats after that prediction.;)

People may question your sanity but they can't question your loyalty to the Wildcats after that prediction.;)

 

 

Thanks! I hope I am right! I really do think it will be a great game and it will depend on the defense that the Cats bring to Corbin. I think offensively we are as sound as Corbin, defense we can be. Both teams better be ready to play a full 4 quarters of football!:banana:

I think if Corbin plays well, they should win by 2 to 3 tds. That's not slighting Bath in the least bit. However, I don't necessarily have a bad feeling but I too think this is going to be a better game than I expected at first and most people are expecting. I don't like the fact that Corbin has been destroying the last 4-5 teams. I like keeping the key players fresh instead of resting them up but also understand not running the scores up on a group of kids. The key for Corbin in this game is getting out to a quick start. We all know Bath will be playing with their backs to the wall and with nothing to lose. If Corbin can jump out to a quick two score lead, I like their chances of living up to most people's predictions. If they let the Wildcats hang around for a while, the tables will turn and Bath will gain confidence. Here's to a good game and a safe trip to the Bath County fans. Hope the roads don't get too bad. Snow's coming down awful hard in Lexington right now.

I think if Corbin plays well, they should win by 2 to 3 tds. That's not slighting Bath in the least bit. However, I don't necessarily have a bad feeling but I too think this is going to be a better game than I expected at first and most people are expecting. I don't like the fact that Corbin has been destroying the last 4-5 teams. I like keeping the key players fresh instead of resting them up but also understand not running the scores up on a group of kids. The key for Corbin in this game is getting out to a quick start. We all know Bath will be playing with their backs to the wall and with nothing to lose. If Corbin can jump out to a quick two score lead, I like their chances of living up to most people's predictions. If they let the Wildcats hang around for a while, the tables will turn and Bath will gain confidence. Here's to a good game and a safe trip to the Bath County fans. Hope the roads don't get too bad. Snow's coming down awful hard in Lexington right now.

 

Snowing pretty good in Bath Co. too. I agree with you totally, if Bath Co. hangs around through the first half, watch out because there is a upset in the making. Slick roads or not, I would not miss it for the world!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.