Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bath County at Corbin predictions

Who Wins this Matchup 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins this Matchup

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Snowing pretty good in Bath Co. too. I agree with you totally, if Bath Co. hangs around through the first half, watch out because there is a upset in the making. Slick roads or not, I would not miss it for the world!

 

Probably around an inch on my back deck, still snowing, none on the roads though.

 

From what I hear and read about Bath Co., if Corbin plays to their full ability the game shouldn't be close. But strange things happen in the playoffs sometimes.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Bath/Leslie thread:

 

Bath's varsity stayed in the whole game. I questioned that decision. I would have took them out early in the 3rd quarter. Leslie got the ball and went straight down and scored. Then the wheels fell off. Leslie Co. may have the worst secondary in all of high school football. Randen Collett (#61) had his usual game. He was all over the field. Too bad he couldn't play corner or safety.

 

Bath has a real stud and a leader in Metz (#3). They played hard the whole night. Something I think Leslie has lacked for some years now. The quarterback was also an excellent athlete. Good Luck next week against Corbin.

 

If this is true, I would be worried if I were a Bath Co. fan. I think the Corbin starters played the 1st quarter and a few minutes of the 2nd quarter. Halftime score was around 40-0.

 

Leslie's TD was scored on the last play of the game against our freshman D.

From the Bath/Leslie thread:

 

 

 

If this is true, I would be worried if I were a Bath Co. fan. I think the Corbin starters played the 1st quarter and a few minutes of the 2nd quarter. Halftime score was around 40-0.

 

Leslie's TD was scored on the last play of the game against our freshman D.

 

 

We will all see tomorrow night. The starters were out the entire 4th qtr. I have no clue what happened on the first drive for Leslie Co., they were throwing a lot and I dont think we expected that, once it was figured out, you see where they got with it. NO WHERE! Our freshman did not even let them score. Lets agree to disagree, the temperature tomorrow night is going to play a factor for both teams, I still think it will be a game, what does Bath Co have to lose?

We will all see tomorrow night. The starters were out the entire 4th qtr. I have no clue what happened on the first drive for Leslie Co., they were throwing a lot and I dont think we expected that, once it was figured out, you see where they got with it. NO WHERE! Our freshman did not even let them score. Lets agree to disagree, the temperature tomorrow night is going to play a factor for both teams, I still think it will be a game, what does Bath Co have to lose?

 

If the coaches watched film, it was expected, that's what Leslie does......

We will all see tomorrow night. The starters were out the entire 4th qtr. I have no clue what happened on the first drive for Leslie Co., they were throwing a lot and I dont think we expected that, once it was figured out, you see where they got with it. NO WHERE! Our freshman did not even let them score. Lets agree to disagree, the temperature tomorrow night is going to play a factor for both teams, I still think it will be a game, what does Bath Co have to lose?

 

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you. I'm just trying to convince myself that we will win. To be honest, I've got "that nervous feeling" about this game.

I do agree about Coach Whitaker being very stubborn that game. It still Baffles me that Matt was used as little as he was. We had some other backs that could generate yardage but Matt was the bread and butter. If we would have stuck with running Bargo, it would have freed up Ricky, Lucas, Mondo, Baker, and anyone else he wanted Danny to throw to. I also agree about announcing the Breathitt score. Everyone was looking ahead to that game all year long. I'm not going to dwell on it but there is no doubt that Breathitt would have went down and the question mark on the scoreboard would have had a 96 on it if not for all of that. To this day, that was the best team I have seen, played, been a part of, or just heard of in Eastern Kentucky. The line was dominating and huge, the backs were dominating and huge, the QB was money,and the WR's had great hands. Hopefully this years group of Hounds can exorcise those demons from 1996 and redeem the Pride and Tradition left out on the field that night.

I have talked to Phil Russell who was a Senior on the 96 Team (WR at Union College and 3 year starter 1997-2000). He has said numerous times that too many people on that Team were individuals and forgot who they were playing for. He coached with Mike Elkin who was the coach of the Madison Southern that night at East Jessamine in 2006. He said Elkin knew Whitaker from coaching with him and loved coaching against former QB's. They tend to get "too cute" when the game is on the line. Corbin should have played "Old Fashioned" Corbin Football with Coach Farris calling the plays that year. Bargo, Warren, Prewitt, Compton, Cobb, and Neal could have easily carried the load with the running game. The Defense rolled all year. That is where Championship teams start! I personally think Corbin will be in a rematch with NCC in Round 4 at Campbell Field and the game be a great one!

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you. I'm just trying to convince myself that we will win. To be honest, I've got "that nervous feeling" about this game.

 

This game could end up being a lot closer than most think.:sssh:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.