Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds talking trade with Rockies

Featured Replies

Rockies Talking Trade With Reds

By Tim Dierkes [November 11 at 1:17pm CST]

Ken Rosenthal says the Rockies aren't done dealing - they're talking trade with the Reds and other clubs. The Reds like Willy Taveras, Yorvit Torrealba, and Garrett Atkins, with a "definite interest" in Taveras.

 

Meanwhile the Indians like newly acquired Huston Street and the Nationals are one club eyeing Carlos Gonzalez. Rosenthal says the Rockies figure to hang on to Greg Smith.

 

It seems we can't yet judge the Holliday trade for the Rockies. It did seem odd that they would acquire a closer and a young center fielder, two positions at which they already had solid options.

 

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com

Taveras could sure up the leadoff spot and provide some of the speed that this lineup has been lacking. I'd think that he could come relatively cheap, too.

 

I like Garrett Atkins a lot. A switch-hitter who kills lefties and who can play both 1st & 3rd. He'd be a great addition to the Reds lineup, for the right price.

 

I like what Cincinnati is doing, but I'm afraid that they're going to overpay.

Taveras could sure up the leadoff spot and provide some of the speed that this lineup has been lacking. I'd think that he could come relatively cheap, too.

 

I like Garrett Atkins a lot. A switch-hitter who kills lefties and who can play both 1st & 3rd. He'd be a great addition to the Reds lineup, for the right price.

 

I like what Cincinnati is doing, but I'm afraid that they're going to overpay.

Taveras is a good centefielder with great speed, but he doesn't get on base a whole lot and he seems to have a hard time staying healthy.

 

Atkins isn't a switch-hitter ... he's a righty and might be in a little bit of a decline. His road numbers were horrid last year.

Taveras is a good centefielder with great speed, but he doesn't get on base a whole lot and he seems to have a hard time staying healthy.

 

Atkins isn't a switch-hitter ... he's a righty and might be in a little bit of a decline. His road numbers were horrid last year.

My issue with him as well. We don't want him to hang out all season with Freel.;)

Interesting that the Rockies are looking to unload players with poor road numbers. I think Holiday's dipped last year as well.

Interesting that the Rockies are looking to unload players with poor road numbers.
A strategy they would have done well to follow for several years ...

I know. It's interesting they are just now figuring this out.

Taveras is a good centefielder with great speed, but he doesn't get on base a whole lot and he seems to have a hard time staying healthy.

 

Atkins isn't a switch-hitter ... he's a righty and might be in a little bit of a decline. His road numbers were horrid last year.

 

Nice catch. My mistake on Atkins. Not really sure where that came from?

 

Taveras is solid defensively and, as you said, is lightning on the bases; however, he doesn't really excite me too much. He was healthy for his 1st 2 full seasons in the bigs, but has slipped since then. I think he could be a real asset in the Cincinnati lineup, though. He's a lot like Westsider's boy Juan Pierre, but much younger and miles better defensively.

 

It's an interesting observation about the Rockies unloading those guys who haven't faired well on the road. Personally, I'm always a bit skeptical of the numbers that the Rockies' players post. That's one of the reasons why I'm glad the Reds did not pursue Holliday; however, Holliday & Atkins are not home run hitters, so I'm not sure how much their numbers are affected by the thin air. The past 2 seasons, Atkins has hit a few more home runs on the road than at Coors Field, although his batting average is drastically lower on the road.

 

I know that many Reds' fans have a concern over the lineup. Undoubtedly, there are plenty of question marks surrounding this team. I just don't seem to be as concerned about the addition of another right handed hitter as some of the others.

Taveras is solid defensively and, as you said, is lightning on the bases; however, he doesn't really excite me too much. He was healthy for his 1st 2 full seasons in the bigs, but has slipped since then. I think he could be a real asset in the Cincinnati lineup, though. He's a lot like Westsider's boy Juan Pierre, but much younger and miles better defensively.
That doesn't make him much of a player, either. Taveras has a role in the major leagues. I just don't know that an everyday centerfielder is it.

It's an interesting observation about the Rockies unloading those guys who haven't faired well on the road. Personally, I'm always a bit skeptical of the numbers that the Rockies' players post. That's one of the reasons why I'm glad the Reds did not pursue Holliday; however, Holliday & Atkins are not home run hitters, so I'm not sure how much their numbers are affected by the thin air. The past 2 seasons, Atkins has hit a few more home runs on the road than at Coors Field, although his batting average is drastically lower on the road.
This is a misconception, that Coors Field is just a good home run park. It's the best hitting environment in baseball ... period.

 

Look at the Rockies' history ... it's rare that they have an everyday player that would be considered productive on the road.

I like Atkins a lot, not so much with fast Willy....What would they do with E5 though?

I think that would spell the end for E-5 and he would be traded.

I think that would spell the end for E-5 and he would be traded.

Left Field...

What about Votto and Yonder?

I don't think we see Alonso until late in the season if at all...

I agree, I am just looking ahead a little bit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.