6 Undefeated Teams Remain after regular season

Rebel

Beechwood, Fort Campbell, and Johnson Central dropped off the list this week, only leaving 6 teams left. I see no threats this week of anybody losing in the firsts round.

1A

10-0 Raceland

2A

10-0 Corbin

3A

10-0 Belfry

4A

10-0 Boyle County

10-0 Bell County

6A

9-0 St. X

I don't think any of these teams will face much competition in the first couple of rounds. Since most of these first round games will probably be 40-0 type blowouts, who will have the most competitive game in the first round?

I don't think any of these teams will face much competition in the first couple of rounds. Since most of these first round games will probably be 40-0 type blowouts, who will have the most competitive game in the first round?

Here are the first round games for the six remaining undefeated teams:

Raceland Rams (10-0)

1A - Clinton County (1-9)

Corbin Redhounds (10-0)

2A - Morgan County (0-10)

Belfry Pirates (10-0)

3A - West Carter (3-7)

Boyle County Rebels (10-0)

4A - Pendleton County (0-10)

Bell County Bobcats (10-0)

4A - Lawrence County (0-10)

St. Xavier Tigers (9-0)

6A - Nelson County (4-6)

I would say St. Xavier has the best opponent, although I think they will win handily.

Beechwood, Fort Campbell, and Johnson Central dropped off the list this week, only leaving 6 teams left. I see no threats this week of anybody losing in the firsts round.

1A

10-0 Raceland

2A

10-0 Corbin

3A

10-0 Belfry

4A

10-0 Boyle County

10-0 Bell County

6A

9-0 St. X

When you look at some of these first round games, it seems pretty obvious that either KY has too many teams make the playoffs or has too many classes.

Here are the first round games for the six remaining undefeated teams:

Raceland Rams (10-0)

1A - Clinton County (1-9)

Corbin Redhounds (10-0)

2A - Morgan County (0-10)

Belfry Pirates (10-0)

3A - West Carter (3-7)

Boyle County Rebels (10-0)

4A - Pendleton County (0-10)

Bell County Bobcats (10-0)

4A - Lawrence County (0-10)

St. Xavier Tigers (9-0)

6A - Nelson County (4-6)

I would say St. Xavier has the best opponent, although I think they will win handily.

Whew, I don't see a tough game in the bunch there. Kinda makes you want to go back to the top 2 teams in each district making the playoffs.

Whew, I don't see a tough game in the bunch there. Kinda makes you want to go back to the top 2 teams in each district making the playoffs.

I agree. The only thing most teams play for now is home field, not much else. This system is too watered down. How can winless teams and teams with 4, 5 and 6 losses be rewarded with playoff games. Not to mention the possibility of injury to the players on the top seeded teams. Too much at stake for the good teams to lose players in games like this.

Really don't see anyone being challenged this week..........Maybe the better question is who is likely to remain undefeated and win their State Championship ! I think 4A is most likely if LexCath doesn't spoil the party, Beechwood will take 1A, Corbin will not get past a tough NewCath squad in round 3, Belfry will not be able to match Central again in the finals ending their perfect record, but St. X will avoid the Trinity upset this time ....what do you all think ?

1A

10-0 Raceland

2A

10-0 Corbin

3A

10-0 Belfry

4A

10-0 Boyle County

10-0 Bell County

6A

9-0 St. X

If you go "0" fer the team that is to play them should just get a bye. No reason to risk injury on either side. But I know money rules. Gotta get that gate!

I wanted to bring up gate money but I was afraid I'd go too far and get in trouble. The love of money is the root of all evil and I am afraid that we put money ahead of common sense on this issue. I just hope and pray that no injuries occur as the result of this policy.

Really don't see anyone being challenged this week..........Maybe the better question is who is likely to remain undefeated and win their State Championship ! I think 4A is most likely if LexCath doesn't spoil the party, Beechwood will take 1A, Corbin will not get past a tough NewCath squad in round 3, Belfry will not be able to match Central again in the finals ending their perfect record, but St. X will avoid the Trinity upset this time ....what do you all think ?

Corbin would actually host Newport Central Catholic in the state semifinals, which is round four. But I do agree with you!