Prestonsburg 13 Shelby Valley 12

King James

Shelby Valley scored after a P-burg fumble deep in Blackcat territory in the first half. Prestonsburg moved the ball, but could never finish.

In the 3rd qtr., SV scored on an INT return. They led 12-0 at this point. P-burg finally broke through on a 40 yd. run by Setser off a playfake counter.

In the 4th, the SV defense turned P-burg away TWICE in the red zone. P-burg got the ball with ~5 mins. remaining at midfield. The Blackcats kept the ball on the ground, requiring 2 conversions on 4th down to sustain. Finally, on 4th and 7 from the 8 yd. line with

Final score: P-burg 13 Shelby Valley 12

All the credit in the world to Shelby Valley last night.

Shelby Valley put everyone in the box last night, daring P-burg to throw. P-burg responded by throwing 3 INTS and had 7 drops, but ONE spectacular catch to win it.

If the Wildcat offense did ANYTHING in the 2nd half (had ONE 1st down), this one would have gone the other way.

Middlesboro has to play Shelby Valley In the 1st round of the playoffs correct??

If Middlesboro can win it's 1st round playoff game It will set up a very Interesting round 2 game against Prestonsburg.

Hope to see yall In a few weeks!!

Shelby Valley surprisingly matches up with Middlesboro pretty well. Valley is undersized but quick. SV is suspect to teams with alot of strength and size up front, this really doesn't fit what Middlesboro is best at.

If Middlesboro overlooks Shelby Valley they could jump up and bite the Jackets, but, Middlesboro has enough athletes that if they play a focued game they should win this one.

This has to throw some serious ice water on the Blackcat faithful's title hopes.

Title hopes? After getting waxed by Beechwood a couple weeks ago, I think the title hopes were tampered for the Blackcats. They'll handle Knott Central and probably Middlesboro or Shelby Valley. The regional final would be at Corbin and I don't see them winning there. If they did win, Newport Central Catholic likely comes calling and I don't think they're as good as Beechwood. It just seems like too many tough games for Prestonsburg to win this year.

... It just seems like too many tough games for Prestonsburg to win this year.

Substitute any school into that sentence and it's true. That's what earning a State Title is all about.

P-burg favored from Regional on ? No... But IMO, it's better that way. Prestonsburg has done quite well as the underdog in past tourneys.

:thumb:

Substitute any school into that sentence and it's true. That's what earning a State Title is all about.

P-burg favored from Regional on ? No... But IMO, it's better that way. Prestonsburg has done quite well as the underdog in past tourneys.

HAHA... but Breathitt County won't be along the way this time... they have had a few regrettable run-ins with the Blackcats when they were the favored team.

I agree with substituting other schools into the statement. You're exactly right. But you do agree a trip to Louisville will be very tough for Prestonsburg?

I agree with substituting other schools into the statement. You're exactly right. But you do agree a trip to Louisville will be very tough for Prestonsburg?

Heck yes, I agree !!!

But if they do...ahhhh...it's all the sweeter. :thumb: