Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville Red/White Scrimmage

Featured Replies

Tonight at 6 pm. Anyone else going?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tonight at 6 pm. Anyone else going?

 

Can't go.... but want a full report when you return...:D

  • Author

You got it. :thumb:

Yeah, let us know...Can't make it either.

I'll go with the red team in this one

 

Red: 96

White: 87

I'll go with the red team in this one

 

Red: 96

White: 87

:lol: What are the teams?

:lol: What are the teams?

 

The game could go either way. It should come down to coaching.

 

I have no clue. I just like guessing :lol:

I'll be there. It's exciting... I never get to sit in the lower arena for the real games, so I'm looking forward to it.

 

What I hope to see...

 

- Samardo Samuels being as awesome as everyone says he is.

 

- Terrence Jennings to be the kind of player that can come in as a freshman and play solid minutes since we're lacking at the 5 right now.

 

- Noted improvement from Sosa and McGee at the point over last year.

 

If I can get these three things, then the hype might just be justified.

  • Author

I couldn't make it... :irked:

I couldn't make it... :irked:

 

You were supposed to be our eyes for us.:cry:.....hopefully Getslow will give us a update.

You were supposed to be our eyes for us.:cry:.....hopefully Getslow will give us a update.

 

I'll do my best. The best I think I can manage is a player-by-player quick analysis based on what I saw tonight.

 

- Earl Clark: From what I can tell, hasn't lost a step from last season. Had some exciting plays in the paint and even had some nice shots from beyond 10 feet. It'll be tough to know exactly because I think he plays much better with Terrence Williams on the floor.

 

- Andre McGee: Has slimmed down and seems a lot faster on the floor than last year. He flat-out moved from one end to the other. That might be a statement for the entire team, which would seem to be fitting considering Pitino's effort this season at upping the overall speed.

 

- Jerry Smith: Rough night. Went about oh-for-everything from the field. Had some nice movement that allowed him to get open for easy layups a few times. This guy's field-goal percentage is one of the key's to the season.

 

- Samardo Samuels: This one might live up to the hype. He is an absolute beast down low. Has a great ability to finish and puts some incredible power behind those finishes. Once he goes up, someone's either going to have to foul him hard or get out of the way.

 

- Terrence Jennings: Watching this guy play opposite Samuels was the most interesting matchup of the night. I was floored by how well this guy could move despite being 6-10. And I thought he had pretty quick hands for a big guy, getting a few steals on the defensive end. He ought to do very well coming off the bench at the 5-spot.

 

- Edgar Sosa: Made some nice shots from the field and, as always, has great ball-handling ability. It'll be interesting to see how the year develops as far as how minutes are allotted between McGee and Sosa. His achilles heel has been that he can make some silly plays trying to distribute the ball (definitely a problem for a point guard) but didn't see anything glaring tonight.

 

- Preston Knowles: Is there a guy on this team more fun to cheer for than Preston Knowles? I think not. Just like last year, he played all-out on defense. He also made some shots from the field. Knowles with a reliable shot has to be a scary thought for opposing coaches.

 

- Reginald Delk: I'm not sure where this guy fits in this year. He's likely the fifth-best guard on the team and I don't know where his minutes will come from, but he had some good moves with ball and looked good overall despite some erratic shooting.

 

- Jared Swopshire: There are so many new faces this season it's hard to keep track. He did some great mop-up work on rebounds and had some very athletic moves to the basket. He'll come off the bench behind Terrence Williams once he's healthy.

 

- George Goode: Didn't really stick out much. We're getting down to the players I don't necessarily remember much about because I kept watching the same guys since they were putting on a heck of a show. (I'm a fan, not a reporter... what do you want from me?)

 

- Will Scott: Has a great touch and made some good-looking shots from behind the arc. Minutes will be tough to come by.

 

- Kyle Kuric: Again, nothing really stood out, but maybe I was watching the kid in front of me pick his nose and then eat it instead of paying attention to the game... it happened on several occasions today.

 

- Chris Brickley and Lee Steiden: both played in the game, but weren't necessarily factors. Brickley is redshirting this season, anyway.

 

- Terrence Williams: Despite looking ready to go and wearing his uniform, he didn't play due to his injury but was on his feet cheering on his teammates and talking with the freshmen at every opportunity. He even had a towel and a cup of water in his hand for his teammates as they came off the floor. Gametime once referred to Williams as the kind of guy that, no matter what else, if he's on your team, you'll defend him to the end. I think that's definitely true and I can't wait to see him healthy.

 

This team is quick. I think they've found another level of speed this year and with big men that can move as quick as the other players on the floor, that speed is going to be very dangerous.

  • Author

To answer your question, no... There is no one more fun to cheer for than Preston. He plays his heart out every second he's on the floor.

To answer your question, no... There is no one more fun to cheer for than Preston. He plays his heart out every second he's on the floor.

 

I knew you all would love to watch him play as much as I have while he was at GRC. So glad he went to U of L...that was the right school for him.:thumb:

 

Getslow...thanks so much for the info.:thumb:

  • Author
I knew you all would love to watch him play as much as I have while he was at GRC. So glad he went to U of L...that was the right school for him.:thumb:

 

I just love his tenacity on defense. You can tell he LOVES playing the game. Hard not to like a guy like that.

I just love his tenacity on defense. You can tell he LOVES playing the game. Hard not to like a guy like that.

 

Those that really appreciate and know the game can appreciate what he brings to the floor...it is not all about scoring. To Preston...he just wants to win. I remember reading on Inside the Ville when he first signed....oh he will red shirt....who is he? He won't see any PT....guess he proved them all wrong.

Edited by rockmom
fixed quote

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.