Russell County 27 Somerset 24

What does the tie-breaker look like to the fans in District 5?

If Wayne beats Garrard, it looks they are ahead in the tie-breaker and could lock it up with a win over Monroe. Somerset would have to beat both Corbin and Harlan County to have a chance at first. Taylor could move up with wins over Hart and Caverna.

Is that about right?

What does the tie-breaker look like to the fans in District 5?

If Wayne beats Garrard, it looks they are ahead in the tie-breaker and could lock it up with a win over Monroe. Somerset would have to beat both Corbin and Harlan County to have a chance at first. Taylor could move up with wins over Hart and Caverna.

Is that about right?

Pretty straight forward. First, we'll assume Taylor beats Jackson and Somerset beats Casey. They'll both be 4-1. If those two are together, Taylor holds the tiebreaker by beating Somerset earlier.

Garrrard will finish third if they beat Wayne County. Wayne would move into the first place tiebreaker if they beat Garrard, finishing at 4-1. Then we would have to look at who beat whom. Below is a list of countable wins for Taylor, Somerset and Wayne. Of course you can only count four.

Taylor County

Campbellsville

Casey County

Garrard County

Jackson County, Hart County, Caverna (remaining games)

Somerset

Metcalfe County

Garrard County

Jackson County

Casey County, Corbin, Harlan County (remaining games)

Wayne County

Casey County

Jackson County

Russell County

Pulaski County

Garrard County, Clinton County, Monroe County (remaining games)

It would appear that Wayne County would have the slight advantage, just predicting win totals. A win over Monroe County wouldn't hurt. Somerset could really help themselves by knocking off Corbin and/or Harlan County. Taylor County needs to beat Hart County, but their combined numbers just aren't real good.

But again, it's all academic if Garrard goes to Wayne and wins next week.

The Jumpers lose to a team they should have beaten by three touchdowns.

3TD's?? Maybe if we spotted you guys 2 at the start....Gd ball game Rc got a TD called back on a hold?? S-set had the only turnover of the game to put RC ahead for good...So I guess if you "should have beat us by 3 TD's" you think you can beat Danville and PC and Franklin Simpson?? Is that what I'm hearing???

Old Ball Coach is speaking for himself (not sure, but I don't think he is a big Somerset supporter)

I in no way thought it would be an easy game. The Lakers are a senior laden team with a lot of very talented players. Somerset on the other hand, while talented is very young with only 3-4 starters returning on either side of the ball. RC played a great mistake free game. I was very impressed with the accuracy of Ellis (how many Ellis's are there by the way? Seems like there has been one on the roster for last 10 years.) Somerset had their chances but missed on some plays that should have been made.

We got one more Ellis, Bryons lil brother in 7th grade, and possible a cousin may play next year he will be a sr, so it looks like another 5 yrs of Ellis's...I'm just amazed how coach Cobb does so well with young players, I think he is a heck of a coach!

Edited by Laker Pride
misspelling