Mayfield 56 Fulton Co. 0

spindoc

Mayfield played really well for the 2nd week in a row...they could've scored 100. Great job by the Cards!

You're right it could have gotten real ugly...but Mayfield never wants to intentionally run up the score against an opponent. Mayfield lead 42-0 at half and the 1st string offense and defense played the first series of the 2nd half and then gave way to the JV offense and defense the rest of the way.

Good job by the Cards in doing what they needed to do...get on the board early and often and then getting some reserves alot of playing time in the 2nd half.

Not exactly a quality win. Mayfield has still not played a complete game. This bunch might not do it either. The team has talent and if they start playing better as a team for 4 quarters they could have a nice season.

I'm curious...how do you qualify this as not a quality win...1st team offense scores every time they touch the ball...1st team defense holds Fulton County to minus yardages while they were in there. Fulton County got their whole 49 yards of total offense against JV squad. The only thing to gripe about the game on Friday were the unsportsmanlike penalties...one of which should not have been called.

Granted Fulton County not a top notch program, but this Mayfield team is improving week-by-week and this week's game should tell us how much they have improved when they travel over to Calloway County.

I'm curious...how do you qualify this as not a quality win...1st team offense scores every time they touch the ball...1st team defense holds Fulton County to minus yardages while they were in there. Fulton County got their whole 49 yards of total offense against JV squad. The only thing to gripe about the game on Friday were the unsportsmanlike penalties...one of which should not have been called.

Granted Fulton County not a top notch program, but this Mayfield team is improving week-by-week and this week's game should tell us how much they have improved when they travel over to Calloway County.

I agree, every win is a plus with this years team. The offense looked great and I saw just like in the Tilghman game something on defense I haven't been seeing, "PASS DEFENSE". I have been seeing kids get closer to receivers and not allowing 5 or 10 yard cushions and timing their tackles with the receivers. I do believe the motivation has greatly changed with this team and I look forward to this Friday night.

It was a great game to work on things and I think we got a lot of practice in, especially on kickoff teams. We need to get someone like X. Shelton in the backfield with Murrell to use his speed, Tyrese can't do it all.