Newport Central Catholic 27 Newport 12

Einstein70

After reading the article in the paper it looks like the game was not as close as the score indicates .

Newport scored once against the 1st team and the other came against the 2nd team - not to take anything away from Newport - they played a much better game than they have all season. Newport's defensive and offensive lines IMO just got tired - substitutions could possibly help to insure that they are kept fresh in the future. NewCath IMO wasn't as explosive as I thought they would be - I actuslly was expecting a lot of big plays out of them.

Kues didn't run the ball like he normally does. Still trying to protect the shoulder, I'm assuming. It was a good game all in all. I didn't want to see a blowout. Those are no fun to watch in my opinion.

I agree - blow outs are no fun - basically a blowout comes down to a lot of stat building - IMO.

This game has been a blow out in the past. I think Newport is improving with every game and it shows more and more. They held NCC in the first quarter and move the ball ok in there open drive. NCC put two in the second with one of the score came just befor the half. For Newport to go into the half just down by two scores wouldn't to bad. NCC came out and went right down the field on the Cats and put another one in. Newport didn't make the right adjustment at the half and couldn't get any thing going on offense. Newports D couldn't stop NCC, when they needed a big play it just did not happen for them. The Wildcats keep gettin better maybe they will have it all together just in time for the playoffs.