Wish You Were Here...Wish I Wasn't

Birdsfan

By the way, I thoroughly expect each of you to be out along the (I-65) roadside in your respective communities, to welcome us home as we pass by! ;)

Are you coming through Louisville???? If so, you could trip right over the bridge and say hey to me......remember the year you all were coming home and you came through Louisville and I think Trinity was playing someone and you thought it was fireworks going off...when in fact it was a horrible storm.....and I walked you throught Louisville and on your way North by way of the weather channel and the radio? That sure was a scary night:scared::scared:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you coming through Louisville???? If so, you could trip right over the bridge and say hey to me......remember the year you all were coming home and you came through Louisville and I think Trinity was playing someone and you thought it was fireworks going off...when in fact it was a horrible storm.....and I walked you throught Louisville and on your way North by way of the weather channel and the radio? That sure was a scary night:scared::scared:
That is so funny; we were just taking about that night! You really helped to get us through that horrible storm.

We are currently the guests of beautiful Simpson County Kentucky. We're stopped at the Kentucky Welcome Center here. Florida is nice; but it feels sooo good to be back home in the Bluegrass! And best of all, I just realized I'm sitting next to a carload of lovely college girls. Did I mention that I really like riding in our high-profile van? ;)

We are currently the guests of beautiful Simpson County Kentucky. We're stopped at the Kentucky Welcome Center here. Florida is nice; but it feels sooo good to be back home in the Bluegrass! And best of all, I just realized I'm sitting next to a carload of lovely college girls. Did I mention that I really like riding in our high-profile van? ;)

If you are that close to me...then why aren't you here:irked:

They're actually in Hardin County now. Stopped to eat.

Yea, I figured the time difference when MrRk asked me what time was his last message about being in Kentucky....still he could have stopped over in my area.:lol::lol::irked::lol::lol:

They're actually in Hardin County now. Stopped to eat.

Okay, we're done eating now. :D

Sorry for not posting when we got home last night. It was after 10 o' clock, and I was beat. I didn't have a chance to fire up the computer before hitting the sack.

I hope all my descriptions of disaster didn't give the impression that this was a miserable trip. On the contrary, it was a fantastic trip; and I understand how blessed we are to have been able to go. It was a very different experience for the whole family. But I think everyone had a good time. Even thought they got a little homesick, and suffered a little damage, my niece and nephew were well-behaved and helpful. My nephew even made cookies for dessert a couple times.

As for my hand. I was almost sure it had a chipped bone in it; but I don't think it does after all. It's black and blue, and still has a funky little bump on it; but it's functional and improving.

The tornado was the peak of the excitement. I never thought I'd ever witness anything like that. And it just happened without any warning. We came out the front door, and there it was! :scared:

Okay, that wraps up the adventure for this year. See ya next year.

-- The Griswolds ;)