If you could pick anyone who would it be?

I'm gonna do a few here and give an overall winner.

As far as politicians go, I would probably pick Ron Paul as he is the person most closely aligned with my views that might have a chance of winning. I could get behind a Mark Sanford presidency as well, though he has publicly stated he isn't running for anymore offices. I may not agree with all he says, but I think he would have a very viable chance of winning. And of course a Bob Barr presidency would suit me just fine.

Some other names that I think could honestly make a helluva run at it would be Drew Carey and Clint Eastwood. From interviews I've read on both of them, I almost always agree with their positions on political issues. I could see both of them (especially Clint) having the name recognition to make a viable run at the White House.

As far as BGP goes, CCH5432 and I tend to agree on most issues. I would glady support his run for POTUS. But if I'm not mistaken he is still in school and probably isn't old enough (I have actually totally forgotten the age requirement, but I'm sure it's not your early twenties). Having said that, I tend to agree with HHS, Hearsay, and Fastbreak quite a bit and would proudly vote for any of them. Finally, Rockmom and I hardly agree on an issue, but with her convictions and intelligence, I still feel I could vote for a tree-hugger in the instance that she ran...;).

Overall, if I could pick anyone it would be my grandfather, while we would disagree on a lot (he only shares about 50% of my libertarian views), his guidance and decision making are second to none.

As far as a viable candidate (my grandfather has turned down several pushes to run for public office)...I would really love to see Drew Carey or Clint Eastwood do the actor to politician transformation. I'm not positive on who I would rather have, Mr. Eastwood hasn't been as open as Mr. Carey on specific issues, but his overall stance is less government and to leave people alone. So until I learned more on Mr. Eastwood, I'd have to say Drew Carey in 2008!

God love you! :lol: You do know that by even hypothetically casting a vote for me most likely negated the credibility that many posters associate with you, right? :lol:

But thank you! :D

I always thought, Peter Ueberroth would make a good President. Was former MLB Commissioner and involved in the Olympics.

Overseeing a massive organization, like either is daunting but his experience, could help in the oval office.

God love you! :lol: You do know that by even hypothetically casting a vote for me most likely negated the credibility that many posters associate with you, right? :lol:

But thank you! :D

I tend to do that on my own. Remember, I'm the guy who wants a Muslim president, legalized drugs, legalized prostitution, cut out all forms of welfare, localize/privatize schools, etc. (and I wonder why I'm never pleased) . So voting for you wouldn't be that radical at all:lol:. But hey, I bet BF would hold his nose and vote for a tree-hugger in this instance :ylsuper:. You got two votes...it's a start!

Mit Romney would probably be my first choice for the top of the ticket. My top choice for VP would probably be Mitch Daniels.

In four years, my top pick may be Bobby Jindal or Sarah Palin. Under no circumstances do I ever want to see another US Senator running for president.

Mit Romney would probably be my first choice for the top of the ticket. My top choice for VP would probably be Mitch Daniels.

In four years, my top pick may be Bobby Jindal or Sarah Palin. Under no circumstances do I ever want to see another US Senator running for president.

Mitch Daniels has gotten Indiana headed in the right direction. Now if he could get IDOT to finish a road project in under a century.