Red Sox 3 Angels 2: Red Sox move to ALCS

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one, ever. I mean ever, felt sorry for the Sox all those years. I listened to more junk than I care to remember but I never made excuses. I especially never tried to use another team's failures to justify my own team's shortcomings. As for arrogance weren't Cubs fans being accused of that in another recent thread? At least the Red Sox have won something in a century.

That's bull. You may have not felt sorry for them but people did. After the incident in 86' people felt sorry for them, in 2003 people felt sorry for them. I mean to say no one felt for them is just crazy. And once again you may not have made excuses but a lot of people did. Crying over leaving Pedro in too long and others I'm sure.

No one, ever. I mean ever, felt sorry for the Sox all those years. I listened to more junk than I care to remember but I never made excuses. I especially never tried to use another team's failures to justify my own team's shortcomings. As for arrogance weren't Cubs fans being accused of that in another recent thread? At least the Red Sox have won something in a century.

Umm, actually I did.

I guess I need to start rooting for the team I want to see get beat. :lol:

I was rooting for the Cubs because I'm a huge Sweet Lou fan, and I would honestly love to see the Cubs fans be able to celebrate a World Series title. I felt the same away about the Red Sox before they won their 1st title in decades. I hate to see any fans suffer so much. I'm very passionate about my sports teams, and even though I know it's nothing compared to everyday life, I can't imagine going my whole lifetime without my favorite teams winning a championship. Hopefully you Cubs fans on here will get to enjoy that someday. I can promise you that nobody will be happier for you than I will.

That's bull. You may have not felt sorry for them but people did. After the incident in 86' people felt sorry for them, in 2003 people felt sorry for them. I mean to say no one felt for them is just crazy.

I am with you on this. I felt sorry for "red sox nation" now I am just tired of them.

Quotes from John Lackey:

"We lost to a team that's not better than us," growled pitcher John Lackey, who gave up two runs and seven hits in seven innings. "We are a better team than they are. The last two days, we shouldn't have given up anything."

It wasn't so much Scioscia's squeeze call and Erick Aybar's missed bunt attempt that irked Lackey after the 100-win Angels, who had the best record in baseball and seemed built for a long October run, lost the series, three games to one.

"That's our style of baseball," Lackey said. "That got us here."

"[sunday] night they scored three runs on a pop fly that was called a hit, which was a joke," Lackey said, referring to Ellsbury's pop that fell between center fielder Torii Hunter and second baseman Howie Kendrick in Game 3. "[Monday] night they scored on a broken-bat ground ball and a fly ball that anywhere else in America is an out, and he's fist-pumping on second base like he did something great."

Asked to describe his feelings, Lackey said, "Like I want to throw somebody through a wall."

Think he might be a tad bitter? As for the Pedroia hit what was he supposed to do? Stand their quietly and not be happy at all after breaking out of a slump and giving his team a 2-0 lead in a clinching game? For what it's worth his double hit at least 20 feet up the Monster and would have been a double anywhere. Enjoy the off season John--and you might want to seek counseling.

I haven't watched Lackey much over the years, but after watching him last night, I'm not much of a fan of his. I'm sure he definitely rubs some of his teammates the wrong way with the way he acts on the mound if one of his teammates makes an error, or mistake.