Red Sox 3 Angels 2: Red Sox move to ALCS

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you've went from both teams choking to "didn't get the job done". Apples and Oranges. The Sox are defending World Series Champs that feature 2 pitchers that have won clinching games in the World Series and the Dodgers are a team that had the 8th best record in the NL and won 6 more games then they lost. Yep, exactly the same thing. :lol::lol::rolleyes:

Choked. Didn't get the job done. They both lost. Period. You should get over your Cubs obsession and move on to your team. How did they even get brought into this thread? Enjoy your team's win and move on. It's really getting old with you.

Back in 1996, which AL team folded and which one fought to the end?

Back in 1908?

Who cares.

The Angles threw every punch in the book at Boston, and lost. The Cubs were like broke hippies after 2 years following Phish.

I know you're smarter than thinking the two are one in the same.

Whatever... ;)

Back in 1996, which AL team folded and which one fought to the end?

What are you even talking about? Are you talking about the Indians and Orioles in the first round? Big difference. The Orioles played Games 1 & 2 in Baltimore and won them both. The Indians didn't get smoked at home twice to begin the Series.

Back in 1908?

Who cares.

The Angles threw every punch in the book at Boston, and lost. The Cubs were like broke hippies after 2 years following Phish.

I know you're smarter than thinking the two are one in the same.

Whatever... ;)

Exactly. In 10 years people wont remember who played harder. They remember who won and who didnt.

Choked. Didn't get the job done. They both lost. Period. You should get over your Cubs obsession and move on to your team. How did they even get brought into this thread? Enjoy your team's win and move on. It's really getting old with you.

GT is responsible for that, and he's right. And I am enjoying my team's win, thanks for asking!

Typical Red Sox arrognace. Very original. You think of that one by yourself? You seem to forget how many years the Red Sox failed to win too. If there was a fan base that could sympathize, I would have thought it would be the Sox. Guess not. It proves that winning doesn't equal class.

I'm through with this thread.

Typical Red Sox arrognace. Very original. You think of that one by yourself? You seem to forget how many years the Red Sox failed to win too. If there was a fan base that could sympathize, I would have thought it would be the Sox. Guess not. It proves that winning doesn't equal class.

I'm through with this thread.

No one, ever. I mean ever, felt sorry for the Sox all those years. I listened to more junk than I care to remember but I never made excuses. I especially never tried to use another team's failures to justify my own team's shortcomings. As for arrogance weren't Cubs fans being accused of that in another recent thread? At least the Red Sox have won something in a century.

The Dodgers played harder and more importantly, they didn't play scared.

:thumb::thumb: I agree with this. The Cubs played like they were afraid to lose and the Dodgers played to Win!

I will also say that for a long, long time the Red Sox played the same way that the Cubs did in their series....like they were "scared to lose" and not "just go out and play to win". JMO

KYTiger89 Where you at I'm suprised you haven't blown this site up yet :D The Red Sox experience keeps paying off for them and will carry them throughout the playoffs.

Haha, my internet has been down for 3 days!!!!! So now I'm at work, and I'm still pumped about last nights game. Great pitching performance by Lester, althought Okajima and Masterson tried to spoil it. I'm still somewhat shocked of Teixera's great play down at first catching Kotsay's liner. But a great game, a great series, bring on the Rays!!:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa