Ashland 34 Boyd Co 0 (JV)

ballbrain

The coaches were Dowdy, Tackett, Gregg, Harris, and Stakely. As far as I know the scoring went as folllows: rushing TDs Whetsel 1, Stafford 1, Rogers 1. One passing TD for Withrow, and one TD on defense for RJ Johnson on a loose ball recovery in the end zone after a snap sailed over the punter's head and wound up in the zone. There were a couple of two point conversions but, I can't say who got those, ( sorry about that ) maybe someone else could contribute those names.

I'm told that BC's 7th, 8th, JV, and Varsity squads have not scored a TD against Ashland this year.

Ashland has won by combined scores of 151-0.

I dont know if the freshmen teams have played yet.

Way-to-go Tomcats! The future is looking bright. :cool:

I'm told that BC's 7th, 8th, JV, and Varsity squads have not scored a TD against Ashland this year.

According to the schedule, the freshmen Tomcats play Boyd on October 9th. 151 - 0??!! Are you kidding me? I know Boyd has really dropped off over the past few years but I didnt realize just how deep that hole is for the Lions.

Yipes! Jeepers Creepers! Good Gravy! Great Googly Moogly! Not sure you can call this a "rivalry" this year. B.C. has got to start stepping it up if they want to catch back up with the Tomcats.

One observation that I did make during the Ashland/Boyd varsity game Friday was that Ashland's players, especially the big uglies, seem to be way better conditioned than Boyd's. Anyone else get that impression?

According to the schedule, the freshmen Tomcats play Boyd on October 9th. ...

I asked about the freshman game and was told that the game had been canceled by Boyd Co. because they don't have enough players to have a freshman team.

Thats right Greybeard...Boyd freshman cancelled and I heard some parents talking about another cancelled game..I think East Carter? Other stats, Royalty quarterbacked 3 qtrs b4 Freshmen Chris Prichard game in. Royalty was 4/5 for about 80 yards and one td and one conversion.

I asked about the freshman game and was told that the game had been canceled by Boyd Co. because they don't have enough players to have a freshman team.

I have a cousin at Boyd Co and he said there was enough Players to have a Freshman team, just no Coach.