New Polls Are Out

Wireman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have lost to 2 top 15 teams by less than 10 points.

Well, let's go on that argument then...

Auburn is 4-2 with wins over Mississippi State (won the game 3-2 and MSU is 1-4), Tennessee (2-point win and UT is 2-3), Southern Miss (2-3), and UL-Monroe (1-4).

They have lost tight games to #6 LSU and #19 Vanderbilt. UK has won its first 4 games against similar competition (and yes they are similar because UT just beat N. Illinois by 4 points and MSU actually lost to Louisiana Tech). They have also lost to the #2 team on the road by 3 points.

Neither team has a great offense.

So, why is Auburn ranked #20 and #23 and UK is not ranked? I'll tell you why - because UK is perceived to be the bottom of the barrel in the SEC and Auburn is perceived to be top tier team every season. Therefore, UK has to pull out all the stops to make the top 25 and Auburn has to implode to fall out of the top 25 :thumb:

I caught some of Oklahoma State at a friends house and they are scary, much better than 17 IMVHO. Texas Tech is the current overhyped team.

Sanchez is hurting for USC right now and they've got ASU and Cal coming up.

I predict that every SEC team will lose at least 2 games. Brutal conference. Mississippi will pull one more big upset, Houston Nutt is just that good.