DADDY CAT

Who Takes This Game  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who Takes This Game

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They know they can't overlook anyone. They will be coming off of a bye week where thay have been healing up and getting ready for the Dragons. LC is 2-1 in class A, with a loss @ Campbellsville and wins over Dayton and Clinton County.

Lynn Camp will be ready in body and mind for Harlan.

We currently sit at 3-2.

LC 31 Leslie 0

LC 0 HCHS 41

LC 12 C'ville 33

LC 52 Clinton Co. 8

LC 14 Dayton 13

The biggest problem for the Cats this year has been injuries to the RB's. We're down to our 4th string back now. Lost Wagner to a knee, lost Steele to a knee, then lost Napier to a broken ankle. 1st 2 games of the year were without 2 OL players and the starting QB. Maybe some will heal up this week, but I don't look for any of the RB's back for at least a couple more weeks.

We currently sit at 3-2.

LC 31 Leslie 0

LC 0 HCHS 41

LC 12 C'ville 33

LC 52 Clinton Co. 8

LC 14 Dayton 13

The biggest problem for the Cats this year has been injuries to the RB's. We're down to our 4th string back now. Lost Wagner to a knee, lost Steele to a knee, then lost Napier to a broken ankle. 1st 2 games of the year were without 2 OL players and the starting QB. Maybe some will heal up this week, but I don't look for any of the RB's back for at least a couple more weeks.

They will definetly win this week against Harlan. This will give them one more week to heal up before there big rivalry game with Whitley Co.

Already ahead of you, Breeze. I am just hoping to get through that slugfest with no more injuries and move on to W'burg. If I was coaching, I don't know that I would'nt treat it as more of a scrimmage this year to protect what I have for the district game that means much more the next week. Bragging rights mean a lot, but the district games mean more to both schools. (Of course, in the event of another 3 way tie in the district, a win over WC would push us close to the top in points. It's yet another 2 edged sword for this year's Cats.) We should be getting some familiar faces back very soon, also.

Who is overconfident, GR? I've not seen any of the LC posters overconfident with anything they have said.

The players are preparing for this game like it is a playoff game. I can guarantee you of that.

We are bumped up, banged up and roughed up. We can't overlook anyone in the shape we are in and the kids know it.

Lynn Camp has had over half a century of playing Harlan, and Dave Mitchell has had over 35 years of either playing against or coaching against the Dragons. Do you really think that he is going to overlook Harlan?

People and their predictions might, but those that matter are not. I do think some of the Dragon faithful are already counting this as a possible win, so they are in the same boat as the amateur analyts on here.

We'll be ready to play, we'll be there friday and we will be expecting a dogfight from the Dragons.

Such a great game. I love(d) playing and now getting to watch these two teams play. Very similar in what they want to do on offense. Once again it will come down to speed for Harlan. If Wagner is playing, Harlan doesn't have anyone fast enough to run him down if he breaks a big one. However, Harlan's defensive line will have to step up and have a big game and try to force him to stay between the hashes (which they could be capable of doing). Harlan's offense will have to step up and put some points on the board, any way they can. If Harlan is able to contain Wagner, have offensive success and maybe win the special teams battle then they could beat LC.

I'm going for my alma mater as always: H-14 LC-7.

Just remember campers- The Harlan Green Dragons are 1-1 in Class "A" football. Sure they have took some losses, but those losses were to 4A and 5A football teams. Might not be as easy as you think.

Yeah but with there one win was against Pineville who they barely got by so Lynn Camp should handle the Dragons farely easy.

Just remember campers- The Harlan Green Dragons are 1-1 in Class "A" football. Sure they have took some losses, but those losses were to 4A and 5A football teams. Might not be as easy as you think.

There have been some unfair shots at Harlan, but the "we're just the little ole Class A Dragons" excuse is weak.

The good Harlan teams of the past never used that. Schools too small to play football can always change to soccer.