Russell vs. Lewis Co.

Painter

Who takes this one  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one

The Red Devils travel to Lewis Co next Friday night. Lewis ranks very near the bottom of Class 3A averaging only 9 points of offense per outing and yielding 41.

Looks like this will be yet another opportunity for the 2nd and 3rd string Devils to hone their skills.

You are right. There is nothing to be gained in this game for Russell. The backup players should rightfully receive most of the time. I know it has to be played because it is a district game, but I wonder if having a lopsided matchup like this doesn't hurt a team like Russell as they get ready to go into the stretch run of the season. Their starters need the reps to continue to refine what they are doing, but not against this level of competition. If any starter is the least bit injured, they should not see the field in this game.

Russell should/will enjoy a solid win in this game, but take a look at their next three:

Simon Kenton - (Away)

Mason Co. - (Home)

Raceland (yeah baby!!;)) - (Home).

All I can say is if the Red Devils make it through that last part of the schedule they deserve some credit. Aren’t the Devils used to blasting into the playoffs pretty much unscathed? This time, win, loose or draw, they will be nicked up…that’s a tough finish.

Russell should/will enjoy a solid win in this game, but take a look at their next three:

Simon Kenton - (Away)

Mason Co. - (Home)

Raceland (yeah baby!!;)) - (Home).

All I can say is if the Red Devils make it through that last part of the schedule they deserve some credit. Aren’t the Devils used to blasting into the playoffs pretty much unscathed? This time, win, loose or draw, they will be nicked up…that’s a tough finish.

This is the same way they finished last season. They lost a close game to Simon Kenton at Russell, 42-41, in what was one of the most exciting high school games I've seen. They won a tough game at Mason County in overtime, 27-26. Then they beat Raceland 35-14 at Raceland to close out the regular season.

I think these 3 games will all be tough again this season...with the only difference being I think that Raceland will at least come within 21 of the Devils this year. :) Just kidding, Ram fans! I think we all know who the favorite in that one is this year!

I think it's good, though. Win or lose...it gets them ready for the battles to come in the playoffs.

I think Russell wins this game easy.

As for the last three games of the year for Russell, I think those three will be tough, but it has to help Russell in the long run. They will be much more prepared for the playoffs come week 11, then they are right now. A good schedule will make a better team.

Good luck to Russell.