Grant County 26 Scott 20

Good comeback effort for the Eagles losing for the second week by the same score. Jacob Reyes had an incredible interception and return for a touchdown. Late fumbled punt killed Scott's comeback effort. Great crowd, great atmosphere for a homecoming. Nice to see Doug Pelfrey honored before the game and have his jersey officially retired...

Congrats to Grant County. I don't know if the series to play each other has been renewed or not, but it seems like a good evenly matched series that I would like to see continuing.

What is going on in Taylor Mill? Thats 2 games in a row the Eagles should have beat their opponent.

Maybe. I don't recall at the beginning of the year the Eagles were supposed to win many (if any) games at all. A missed xp at Holmes. A dropped punt or an interception vs Grant and they could easily be 4-1 this morning...

I can only tell you that the team has showed alot of character the last couple of weeks to stay in these games. Down 26-0 at the half they could have easily folded and given into a blow out. I was really proud of the way they fought back and came within striking distance of winning the game. I was impressed with Grant County and thought they were alot better than what we saw last year and alot better than I expected. Couldn't quite get over the mistakes of the first half though. I think the Eagles will regroup and be better for it in the long run. I do see improvement in their play each week.

Why were they suppose to beat Grant?

Scott is doing better. First year with a new staff and new systems. They played a tough game at Holmes which could have went either way. They were a couple of mistakes away from having a better shot at the end or not getting themselves in a hole.

I think we need to calm down a little bit about the Eagles this year. They don't have the talent they had last year and they are under a new coaching staff which maybe down the road can turn it around but they will need time. Scott is a 2 man team this year with Reyes and Sowder they NEED some others to step up. I still believe they will win 2 more games this year probably Newport and Ludlow and maybe a possible win at Henry County. I believe Dixie and of course Highlands will be tough for the Eagles.

If you take away the run Scotts offense falters because right now they have no passing attack.

GC has really put a nice program together. :thumb:

You are right so far he really has put a nice program together got air-conditioning in locker room and painted Eagle logo on floor and put chains around it and told no one to walk on it. Things are turning for the better in Taylor Mill.

PLAYOFFS-07

PLAYOFFS- 08 DOUBTFUL UNLESS THEY BEAT DIXIE !!!!!!!!!!::thumb::thumb:

You are right so far he really has put a nice program together got air-conditioning in locker room and painted Eagle logo on floor and put chains around it and told no one to walk on it. Things are turning for the better in Taylor Mill.

PLAYOFFS-07

Why would Grant County put an Eagle in their locker room????

I'm not sure air conditioning and a painted eagle can turn a team around.

PLAYOFFS-07

Losing 19 seniors and half your roster, Playoffs weren''t expected, but the program defintly is in the right hands.

Why would Grant County put an Eagle in their locker room????

I'm not sure air conditioning and a painted eagle can turn a team around.

Sorry about that I thought someone was referring to Scotts coach about a nice program. I didn't know the first name of Scotts coach just his last name.

Yes I definately agree Grants coach has them moving in the right direction and has a nice program he is building.:thumb::thumb: