Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Poll: Tilghman vs. Mayfield

Poll: Mayfield vs. Tilghman 29 members have voted

  1. 1. Poll: Mayfield vs. Tilghman

    • Mayfield
      58%
      17
    • Tilghman
      41%
      12

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Wow, its Wednesday and there isn't a single thread about this game. I guess everybody is feeling down about these two teams. I just read on Paducah sun that Paducah may be having to forfeit their only win to Webster county due to an academically ineligible player, how sad. If thats the case these two teams will be coming in to Friday nights game with a combined record of 1 and 8, this is a historical time in the history of these two programs. Hopefully it could be the turning point in the season for both and we will see a truly good game. I of course will be cheering for Mayfield and I think they could have the edge based on what I have seen this year in this team. This game could boil down to which team wants it more.

Im going to head to Mayfield to watch on Friday. I voted PT, I know nothing about either team this year. Ill be there Friday night.

Tilghman has got to have a break out game at some point; there is talent on that team. Maybe the coach can figure out how to bring the talent to the surface, maybe not. I have watched both of these teams this season against Ft. Campbell and believe Tilghman has the edge in talent and Mayfield has the edge in heart. I am going with heart and desire over disfunctional talent.

Mayfield 28

Tilghman 14

Man...talk about two teams that desperately need a win in the worst possible way...these two storied programs have taken it on the chin in the first half of the season. This game "COULD" be a breakout game for the rest of their season as both teams if they can turn it around can make a deep run in their respective classes. Key in this game will be which team doesn't shoot themselves in the foot...as that has been the biggest problem with both teams. I know for Mayfield turnovers have absolutely killed them as they will drive and then either fumble, throw an interception, or get a penalty to kill drives. And going back on the season...most of Mayfiel's turnovers has lead to points for the other team. If Mayfield can stop the turnovers then I like the Cards to win at home...if they turn it over the Tilghman with their speed will likely win the game. Should be a fun game either way...hopefully the fan turnout will be a big boost to both teams...as I know fan support for both teams last week in home games were dismal.

This game could go either way...I believe the winner will use this game to build on the rest of the season, while the loser could have trouble bouncing back...As Cardinalsvoice08 pointed out, both teams desperately need a win to get that confidence back...

Man...talk about two teams that desperately need a win in the worst possible way...these two storied programs have taken it on the chin in the first half of the season. This game "COULD" be a breakout game for the rest of their season as both teams if they can turn it around can make a deep run in their respective classes.
Given the talent on hand with those two teams, it isn't hard to envision them making long playoff runs.

 

Given their performance as of late, it's really hard to see it happening.

I am going to the game tonight hoping to see a good game. I havent seen Mayfield or Paducah play yet this season. Any fan of these two teams knows what happens when they play each other, but given the circumstances of this year, I don't know what kind of game to expect. Mayfield hasn't played well yet this season. They don't have the abundance of talent that they used to, and they are going to have to harness the team concept more than ever if they want to salvage this season.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.